"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" Best Defense (2002)

« Prev | 26 of 195 Episodes | Next »

Easy Villain To Spot, But Still An Intelligent Episode

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
15 December 2006

Either I'm not as dumb as I think or this was an easy case to see through but I saw what the deal was right in the first few minutes.

Twenty minutes later it was confirmed, although not before a few red herrings that made me question my feelings on who was really the guilty party in this story.

Anyway, several things happen early to make it look like someone is trying to kill a prosecuting attorney. Finally, in the basement of his home, the attorney shoots and kills a burglar, or at least someone who supposedly was burglar.

As we discover, things aren't what they seem with this prosecutor and his wife, who also is a lawyer.

This is another intelligent, well-written episode, and fun to watch.

Tracy&Hepburn were not like this in Adam's Rib

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
21 December 2014

David Marshall Grant over at Law And Order prime played an Assistant DA who had a nice case fixing racket going and killed a bail bondsman who was trying to cut himself in. In this CI episode he's once again back at the New York County DA's office a second rate prosecutor who is insanely jealous of his wife who is a top defense attorney. Shades of Adam's Rib, but Tracy never tried to do Hepburn what Grant tries with his wife Susan Floyd.

Only a minor mistake that Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe catch shifts their attention to Grant from his wife in the death of some poor bottom of the food chain criminal who gets set up and killed as part of Grant's plan to frame Floyd.

Left out of the loop is Courtney B. Vance the ADA who has already arrested Floyd. He's not a happy camper at the end of the show.

But you will be to see how an intricate plot falls apart.