IMDb > "Law & Order" Rebels (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Law & Order" Rebels (1995)

« Prev | 113 of 456 Episodes | Next »

Good detective story

Author: knucklebreather from United States
31 May 2011

In "Rebels" we continue the conflict between seasoned, flawed Lenny and inexperienced Mr. Perfect Curtis as Van Buren helps them adjust to their new partnership. So far there's no signs of them actually coming to trust each other, I can't remember if there will be any but I hope so, with them set up as not particularly friendly early on, I'd hope their transition to more or less respectful partners isn't omitted.

At any rate, this episode is about a biker gang with an unlikely name, the Yankee Rebels, another in a long ling of evil white dudes on L&O. It seems one of them stabbed a rich kid who wanted to be a biker. But which one? And will one of their fledgling members avoid testifying due to a half-baked claim of protecting his sources, since he talked about the crime on a BBS? Okay this episode has a lot of problems, especially to do with the "welcome to the 1990s" attempt at injecting cyber-crime into L&O. While Curtis's BBS hacking skills are a bit laughable, it didn't ruin the episode for me.

The DAs swoop in and solve everything in a decent detective story, and although I prefer it when the cops do the heavy lifting, it was still a good episode with more or less believable twists and turns. Season 6 is off to a solid start.

A Journalist?

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
3 December 2016

A really naive and stupid college kid gets stabbed in an East Village biker bar and there's a room full of suspects, most of whom cleared out before Jerry Orbach and Benjamin Bratt arrived on the scene. Still learning the ropes, Bratt gets into it with the bikers and Orbach has to defuse the tension.

It turns out the key witness they do find is claiming he's a journalist because he writes occasional articles for a biker blog on that new thing called the Internet which disturbs poor Lennie Briscoe no end. But Bratt really proves useful with his knowledge of computers as he would in the future.

Amazingly the judge says he's a journalist and limits the amount of questions Sam Waterston can ask before a Grand Jury. It takes both the DA's office and the police to finally ferret out the truth.

You won't believe the reason and I won't say but it's Jill Hennessy who uncovers it. Nice performances from Elizabeth Rodriguez as the victim's girlfriend, Sam Schacht as the victim's father and Rob Knepper as the biker that Bratt confronts.