"The Incredible Hulk" King of the Beach (1981)

« Prev | 66 of 82 Episodes | Next »

Average episode but Ferrigno does well in his dual role

Author: Bjorn (ODDBear) from Iceland
31 October 2008

It was inevitable that that the creators of "The Incredible Hulk" would give Lou Ferrigno a speaking role after playing the big green dude for so long. Well, maybe it wasn't but I sure did like the fact they gave the guy a chance to play a normal person at last.

As is, "King of the Beach" falls in the average bin for there is nothing particularly memorable on display here (except for the obvious). Ferrigno does well and the writer inserted many real life scenarios from his life in the storyline, which was a very good idea I thought.

Not the cream of the crop as far the series is concerned but an enjoyable episode nonetheless.

My Favorite Hulk Episode!

Author: tbirdman-1 from United States
1 April 2014

Out of all of the episodes of this classic TV series this one shines as my number one favorite. Am a longtime fan of Lou Ferrigno and this storyline gave him the opportunity to stretch his acting chops and the first and only time that he got to play a regular human character. David Beller is working at a beach side café for Carl Molino and his wife and he's an aspiring local bodybuilder who is hoping to win the Mr. Galaxy competition for the grand prize. David becomes more than his employee and befriends Carl when he gets into a very sticky situation while training for the contest. Overall not a great episode though still worth watching to see Ferrigno playing both the Hulk and a regular guy. I would have liked to have seen a follow up to this one though the ending is quite satisfying. You won't be disappointed.