IMDb > "How I Met Your Mother" The Wedding (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"How I Met Your Mother" The Wedding (2006)

« Prev | 12 of 208 Episodes | Next »

The Wedding (#1.12)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
3 July 2015

Here we see how Ted will go through anything to get a date with Robin. Him and Claudia having the conversation where she is being all a bridezilla (can't blame her here btw as he indeed didn't check a +1 and wedding planning isn't easy) was a pretty awesome scene. And then they all went working on getting him and Robin to the wedding.

Ironically he ends up going without her as she gets a last minute call from work. Too bad he seems to always have everything ruined in the very last minute.

This seems to have been panned as the finale with him finding the mother at the end of the episode. But luckily it went on for another 8 and a half seasons. I would not be happy with this ending.

I'm Glad It Got A Full Season

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
16 November 2014

Plot In A Paragraph: Ted is searching for a date for a wedding. He asks Robin to come with him to the wedding as his "date" and she says yes. He is delighted when he tells bride-to-be Claudia, until she tells him he didn't check "plus one" on the reply card and he is unable to bring someone along to the wedding. On Lily's advice he asks Stu, Claudia's future husband, if he can bring a "date" and he says "yes". This leads a row between the couple.

It turns out this was the last episode of the original order. Reportedly, had the show not been picked up for a full season, the producers would have simply finished the story by dubbing over the Narrator's voice with the words, "And that kids, is the story of how I met your mother," when Victoria (Ashely Williams) is seen smiling at Ted at the end of the episode. Her name is not mentioned in the episode, only in the end credits.

Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) is again my favourite performer in the show. He brings the laugh out loud moments. Ted (Josh Radnor) has at least stopped denying he wants Robin (Cobie Smulders) and it's sweet seeing Lily (Alyson Hannigan) and Marshal (Jason Segel) planning their wedding. I'm glad it get picked up for the full season.