« Prev | 3 of 208 Episodes | Next »

The One With The Liberty Bell...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
25 July 2015

I really love this episode. It's very, very funny. It's a good episode to be placed at the very start of the show, because it develops the characters even further, and gives you a sense that you have already known them for a very long time.

In this episode, Barney convinces Ted to go to airport with him to "pick someone up", instead of going to McLarne's Pub (hopefully I'm spelling that right). But Ted doesn't realize that Barney actually meant, hook up with girls. To keep talking to some ladies they met, they hop a flight, and are devastated to find out that girls are already involved with very strong athletes. Instead of going home, Barney convinces Ted to stay, and they end up going and licking the Liberty Bell. Yes, licking the Liberty Bell. Meanwhile, Lily gets jealous of Robin, since Robin is being hit on. So she takes off her engagement ring, to try and get some attention of her own. And Marshall is constantly driving back and forth to pick up, and then leave, Barney and Ted.

Best part of the episode: Marshall in the car.

Overall, I give this episode a 9 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Amazing.

The Sweet Taste of Liberty (#1.3)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
2 July 2015

The third episode continues on a very high level. This time we get more from barney and get to know what an amazing, well let me express it better, a legen-dary! character he is. The story goes on crazily and one can't even expect what comes next. It is funny how they go to Philly because of girls who aren't even single, the hilarious scene with the airport security who find on camera how Barney always drops by airport, and them going to a not such a great party. But at the end they get to lick a liberty bell, and this is why many of us would love to have a friend like Barney.

The stories of other characters are also highly amusing. One gets to laugh at Lily while feeling bad for her but at the end realize that there is no need to feel bad for her since she has Marshall who is a real sweety. And the scene where the boyfriend of the gay guy he hugs starts a fight with him is also really funny.

Never trust Barney Stinson for a good time

Author: callanvass from victoria b.c canada
13 January 2014

Barney tells Ted that McLaren's bar is a drab hangout. He encourages Ted to come pick up girls at an airport instead. Ted reluctantly agrees. Barney stages a clumsy tripping scene to get two girls to notice them. It works so well, that Barney gets a plane ticket for him and Ted to fly off to Philadelphia, promising it will be "Legendary". Marshall is absent because has to study law. Ted calls him up, and Marshall agrees to meet them in Philly. The girls reveal that they are engaged. Ted & Barney wind up getting hauled off the plane by security, and subsequently interrogated. Meanwhile, Lily & Robin get acquainted with each other at McLaren's. Lilly is amazed at how much Robin gets hit on, while Lilly believes her engagement ring is preventing guys from hitting on her. Marshall is so sure nothing will happen with Lilly, he gives her his blessing to take the ring off to test the theory. Ted learns that hanging out with Barney, always makes for a good story. This is a very good episode, what else is new for this show? Ted & Barney's misadventures are always a blast to watch, and this one is no different. For those that don't know, this was the start of Barney's liberal use of the word "Legendary" It would become a recurring habit, along with many other ism's, such as "high fives & fist bumps" The interrogation scene is silly, but very amusing. Barney will have you in stitches with the antics he pulls. Lilly's story isn't quite as good, but it is above average. Being single can be a good thing, but it can also be annoying. I've discovered that. The only drawback about it is that Robin doesn't have much to do in this one, but hang out with Lilly to get hit on. I did notice a contradiction with Marshall's character. In one episode, I remember Marshall revealing a past where he kicked people's ass, and punched a bartender. Here, he says he isn't good at fighting... It isn't that important, just an annoying inconsistency. I do like this episode quite a bit

8.2/10

Neil Patrick Harris Makes This Episode Legendary

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
7 November 2014

The third episode in of "How I Met Your Mother", and it's first great episode and it's all down to one man. Neil Patrick Harris, take a now sir.

Plot In A Paragraph: Ted (Josh Radnor) tells his kids sometimes in 2005, he was starting to wonder why he hung out with his self appointed best friend Barney Stinson (a hilariously delightful Neil Patrick Harris) because he would often get him in trouble, doing things he never wanted to do in the first place. Marshall (Jason Segel) was trying to study whilst Lily (Alyson Hannigan) had a girls night out with Robin (Cobie Smulders).

The character of permanently suited up womaniser Barney Stinson is what makes this episode. Neil Patrick Harris completely knocks it out of the park, he is awesome. The first two episodes he was giving is quotable lines, now he in the third episode he is giving us serious laugh out loud moments.

Well done sir, well done.