"Homicide: Life on the Street" Self Defense (1999)

« Prev | 118 of 122 Episodes | Next »

The Judge called him "Bunny"

Author: robertrbeck from United States
9 March 2007

I enjoyed a rerun of this episode recently from WGN and I noticed during the scene where Gee meets with the judge, the judge called him Bunny, which is of course the nickname of Colvin from The Wire. I can't remember seeing the Homicide movie, but I've read that Gee was running for Mayor on a "legalize drugs" campaign. Funny how ideas spill over and come to fruition years later. There are lots of other examples of actors or tidbits or themes bleeding through from Homicide to Oz and to the Wire. For instance, I can't remember which episode, but definitely in the last season Meldrick was called "Bunk" by someone in the homicide squad room. The fine actor Lee Tergeson portrayed Officer Chris Thormann on Homicide years before his unforgettable role as Tobias Beecher on Oz. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Homicide was a great show!

Self Defense Homicide: Life on the street

Author: Sunshine4121960 from United States
2 April 2009

I really enjoyed the movie with both characters in it. Col. Barnfather and Giardello. That's one of my favorites, one of the finest actor. I can watch it over and over again, because they both are good characters together. It would've been better if Lt. took that offer col. had made about taking that position to be a captain. That could've made a hit. Col. Barnfather is one of the Briallian actor, even though, he does the footage in some of the scene and "Gee" Giardello is there in every episodes. I would liked if I see more of Lt. Giardello and Col. Barnfather more in the future. Giardello maybe called the shouts, but the col. Barnfather have the last words.