Gary Phillips, the mentally challenged son of baseball star Lon Phillips, encounters a woman while on his way to the concession stand during a ball game. She turns up dead shortly there after. Was he responsible? Or does he know who was?
Did You Know?
Hawaii Islanders shown batting (from 1970 team): #20-Marty Perez, #26 Winston Llenas and #14 Jim Hicks coming to the plate. Spokane pitcher #17-Jerry Stephenson. See more
The continuity of who is playing in the baseball game in the opening scene.
1. Initial runner on second base is not wearing a jacket. When he scores he is wearing a warm up jacket. After he scores he is shown walking back to the bench without a warm up jacket.
2. The initial shot shows no runner at third base, however, the first hitter drives in runners from both second and third.
3. The Spokane pitcher from the front view appears to be #23 or 43. From the side view he is #17.
4. The Hawaii batter is initially #26 and turns into #20-he eventually hits a double driving in two runs.
5. Lon Phillips is introduced as the #3 hitter/catcher and that he is making his first at bat for the Islanders. This implies that it is the first inning (unless he is entering the game as a replacement and this would be unlikely). However, two runners have already scored and there is a runner on second, so he would be the #4 hitter or later. He drives in the runner at second with a double, though the action shown makes it look like a triple.
6. The next batter is again #20 (who should be on second) who hits a pop foul to the Spokane first baseman in foul ground for an out.
7. Before this batter pops up, there is no runner shown near second base, however, once the ball is caught, Lon Roberts is shown taking a very short step back to second.
7. The next batter is #26 who had been shown batting earlier in the inning already. He drives in number 2 (Phillips) with an RBI hit. See more
[Lou is talking about Gary to his girl
I outta be able to catch up to him tonight... And shut him up for good.