"Goosebumps: Welcome to Camp Nightmare: Part 1 (#1.5)"

"Goosebumps" Welcome to Camp Nightmare: Part 1 (1995)

« Prev | 5 of 74 Episodes | Next »

If you go to camp it can sometimes be a bit too in tents.

Author: tyler-and-jack from Edinburgh.
27 December 2012

Well, it's sometimes very easy and sometimes very hard to write a review of a TV episode. In the case of any episode that sits as the first half in a two-part story it's always hard. For me, anyway.

Welcome To Camp Nightmare: Part 1 is all about Billy (Kaj-Erik Eriksen) being dropped off at camp with a bunch of other kids the same age and then quickly noticing some things that just aren't quite right with the place. The lack of safety measures, the lack of any trained first aider and, especially, the disappearance of one or two of his fellow campers leads to him becoming increasingly nervous.

Jeffrey Cohen adapts the R. L. Stine novel into script form and Ron Oliver directs what turns out to be a surprisingly lively episode setting things up for an even more exciting episode to come after it.

The cast is okay, I suppose, but most of the characters weren't all that memorable. Chris Benson is the highlight as Uncle Al, the camp leader. He's not overtly creepy but he certainly has a worrying lack of care for someone supposedly looking after a camp full of kids.

It's all leading up to something that viewers won't see until the following episode but there's plenty here to keep folks entertained and to ensure that they tune in for the next instalment.

My favorite "Goosebump"

Author: kidboi from Latvia
21 May 2006

I love the horror TV show "Goosebumps"

Personally, i have seen almost every "Goosebumps" episode, and i love the show. I watched it when i was about 10 years old, and every episode scared the hell out of me. But my top favorite has to be "Welcome to camp nightmare". While watching it, i kept thinking how is it going to end, because nothing really made sense. Although the twist was kind of disappointing, the plot of those two episodes was very exciting and kept me interested through every minute. I'm giving this episode a 9/10. I would have given it a 10, if the twist would be a lot more spookier or horrific.