IMDb > "Futurama" The Route of All Evil (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Futurama" The Route of All Evil (2002)

« Prev | 59 of 124 Episodes | Next »

The One Where Professor Farnsworth And Hermes' Sons Make A Delivery Service Of Their Own...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
1 May 2015

I find this episode really funny. It's kind of a like a "screw you" to the Planet Express Delivery crew, since the children make their own service.

In this episode, Professor Farnsworth's and Hermes' twelve-year-old songs join together to take over Planet Express. But unfortunately for them, they have a lot more ambition than they have of ability. And eventually, they need their Fathers' help to save the day and make sure everyone gets their deliveries on time.

Overall, I give this episode an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.

Planet Express becomes Awesome Express

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
29 May 2012

When the professor's and Hermes' sons, Cubert and Dwight, get suspended from school they start being a nuisance around the office; eventually they ate told that they will have to work. They decide to get a paper round; at first their fathers mock their little business but it isn't long before it has grown so big that the two boys can take over Planet Express. Things go well for a while until it becomes clear that they have agreed to far more deliveries than they can handle… then they have to go back to their fathers for help. Mean while Bender has learnt that it is possible to brew beer at home so decides to become a brewery.

I had feared that this would be a weak episode as I've not been that amused by Cubert in the past and suspected that Hermes' son would be similar; thankfully I was wrong. Perhaps it because the two characters work well together or perhaps they just had better material but I found them fairly funny here; although admittedly not as funny as their fathers or the Bender-brewery. Particular highlights of this episode were seeing the return of H. G. Blob and the introduction of his son Bret and the professor's explanation of how he came to be declared dead three years previously.