IMDb > "Futurama" Amazon Women in the Mood (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Futurama" Amazon Women in the Mood (2001)

« Prev | 34 of 124 Episodes | Next »

Death by snu-snu!

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
6 May 2012

Over a year has past since Zapp flew the Titanic into a black hole and Kif has telephoned Amy every day since... it is just a pity he can't pluck up the courage to say anything. Zapp couldn't care less about Kif's problems until he learns that Kif's beloved Amy knows Leela; then he suggests a double date. To say the date doesn't go well is an understatement; unable to think what to say Kif resorts to some of Zapp's chat-up lines, which shocks Amy. As Amy and Leela prepare to storm out Zapp decides it is time for so karaoke... his rendition of The Kinks classic 'Lola' (changed here to Leela) causes other patrons to flee it is so bad! Zapp decides to pilot the orbital restaurant they are in back home but manages to crash it into the planet below. Fry and Bender mount a rescue mission but they all end up being captured by the planets inhabitants; a tribe of twelve foot high woman whose leader, a female computer, says the males in the party must die... by snu-snu! Since snu-snu is sex Zapp and Fry aren't too concerned; it is how they wanted to go! Kif is less pleased as the only woman he wants is Amy. If they are to survive Leela, Amy and Bender will have to come up with a plan...

This episode kicks of the third DVD season in style with a string of laugh out loud moments from beginning to end. The story was good and packed full of great characters; I always like it when secondary characters Zapp and Kif appear and the Amazonians provided plenty of laughs too. The secondary story involving Zoidberg getting a new shell doesn't take up much time but also provides some laughs. The humour is of a more 'adult' nature than most episodes with a series of sexual jokes; none are too explicit but parents might want to watch it before showing it to younger children... I know Futurama isn't really aimed at children that young but enough episodes are suitable that people might not think to check them despite the '12' certificate.

The One On The Women Planet...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
2 June 2015

I love this episode. It's one of my all-time favorite episodes, from this season as well as the entire series.

In this episode, a disaster of a double date with Leela and Zapp Brannigan and Amy and Kif lead to crash on a unknown planet. Fry and Bender also crash on the planet so they can save their friends. Everyone is shocked t find out that the planet is inhabited by giant Amazon women who all want "snu-snu", their term for sex. So, they take the males and have some fun. But their vengeful leader wants them to die from "snu-snu", which Fry is upset about, but he has a very good attitude about the situation

Title Gag: Secret by the Comedy Bee.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.

Very Funny, but it crosses a line at times.

Author: Dr Moo from United Kingdom
2 December 2014

I'd give this a five out of ten. It's very very funny and has a great twist with the identity of Femputer, all serving to give it a ten, but the plot is making fun of rape which is totally unacceptable and I cannot justify not halving the rating I'd otherwise give it.

The first half picks up an old plot strand about Kif and Amy becoming a couple (season one, "A Flight To Remember") and sees them going on a half-double-date with Zapp and Leela. I'll always welcome Zapp to any episode and he's at his best here, giving Kif his chat up lines and singing a hilarious parody of The Kinks' Lola about Leela. It's probably the single greatest moment - comedy-wise - of any episode and his song is enough to empty the restaurant. It's done in spoken-word form to further highlight his similarity to Captain Kirk, or in this case the guy who played him.

After this the episode declines into sexist jokes about the differences between men and women and sees Zapp, Fry and Kif sentenced to death by "Snu-Snu". Understandably, they're all both pleased and horrified, but their punishment (especially for Kif, it seems) is essentially rape and I was shocked to see my favourite show go into that territory. There's a line when it comes to sex jokes and this crosses it.

In conclusion, the episode is good for finally making Kif and Amy a couple but otherwise to be avoided due to the subject matter.

Also we have a B-Story about Zoidberg showing Hermes the new shells he might get and eventually settling on the one he just molted out of, for no particular reason.

I Sentence Anyone Who Reads This Review To Death! By Snoo-Snoo

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
31 March 2012

This Is The Highlight Of Season 3, The Two Best Parts Are The Lines That Kiff Uses On Amy That He Borrowed From Zapp. The Other Best Part Is Fry & Zapps Reaction To Being Killed From "Snoo-Snoo", I Like The Line "Goodbye My Friends. I Never Thought I'd Go Out This Way, But I Always Really Hoped." Other Parts Of Hilarity Is When Zapp Is Being Chained Up By The Amazonians "Yes, A Little Tighter, Tighter, Perhaps A Hard Spanking" "BANG!" "NF...TOO HARD!" In Fact I Laugh The Most In A Futurama Episode Through This. I Don't Actually Consider Myself A "Fanboy" Because A Few Episodes Are Bad (Generally From This Season - Keep In Mind That The Most Recent Episode I've Seen Is "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playing Things"). Overall I Suggest A Viewing For Any Futurama Fan.