"Friends" The One with the Metaphorical Tunnel (1996)

« Prev | 52 of 238 Episodes | Next »

The One with the Metaphorical Tunnel

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
13 May 2008

Phoebe tries to help Joey in getting an audition that she forgot to tell him about. After she had success in pretending to be his agent (and Joey got the job) he asks Phoebe to help him with the other auditions. (Phoebe is much more talented then Estelle!)

Ross starts to get worried when he sees Ben playing with a girl's doll. He tries to substitute the Barbie for other boy's toys. Monica reveals in public that Ross dressed like a woman when he was a child, and Carol & Susan has one of the best times of their life at that moment.

Chandler is afraid to have a serious commitment with Janice, but the Friends give him support to go ahead with her.

The One with the Metaphorical Tunnel

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
25 June 2011

We get to see Chandler overcoming his fear of commitment and by this totally freak out Janice. I liked the scene of them meeting in the grocery store and Chandler trying to pretend like he is going to a party.

The story of Ross being all worried about Ben playing with a Barbie and trying to give him a GI Joe to play with is pretty good as well. Especially I like it at the end when Monica says that he used to wear women clothes as a kid and they remember the song that he used to sing then.

The story of Phoebe being Joey's agent is amusing as well

A Below Average Friends Ep.

Author: Alferd Jeffers from United States
3 March 2013

While still funny. This episode has to overcome some of the things that I find most annoying in a Friends episode. First, the primary storyline, Chandler's ill guided efforts to confess his feelings to Janice, is run through with the whole "see, that's what a guy would do" and "a woman would never do such and such". I find the times Friends go for these jokes a bit annoying.

Secondly, the episodes' other story, Ross' worry about Ben's playing with dolls, has to get over the groan inducing presence of Susan and Carol. God bless this show for having a committed lesbian couple but I just don't find the interactions between and Ross and them to be very funny. Fortunately, they're gone fairly quickly and the rest of the storyline is funny. The end credits, with a young Ross and Monica are well done.