"Friends" The One with the Lesbian Wedding (1996)

« Prev | 35 of 236 Episodes | Next »

The One with the Lesbian Wedding

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
6 May 2008

Susan and carol are going to marry, for Ross' despair.

Monica will be the new supplier of their wedding buffet, since she still is unemployed and the original supplier gave up.

Rachel's mother wants to divorce from Rachel' s dad, and Rachel tries to make her mother change her mind.

And old client from Phoebe's dies on her massage table. Phoebe thinks the old lady's spirit is in her body and she starts to behave and talk like the old lady.

Carol and Susan suffer from a crisis, since Carol doesn't want to marry Susan without her parents' consent. They almost canceled their wedding, but incredibly, Ross is the one who gives Carol support to go ahead with the wedding , also giving Carol away to Susan, since her parents deny to go in her lesbian wedding.

The One with the Lesbian Wedding

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
19 June 2011

It is interesting to watch this episode now. It was filmed over 15 years ago and the attitudes to homosexuality have probably changed. I am not saying that everyone is OK with it, but living in Canada now that gay marriage is legal for years I don't find the joke where Carol tells Ross that they are getting married and he says "As in I pronounce you wife and wife?" funny

But I liked how they made this episode. It is promoting tolerance and that love is all that matters. And I find it absolutely sweet that when Carol doesn't know if to go through with the wedding because her parents don't want to come Ross encourages her to go through with it and says that they are doing it for each other. And then he is there for her and gives her away to Susan at the wedding.

Rachel annoyed me at this episode. She was so selfish and inconsiderate of her mother. But I guess they did it on purpose to show how sometimes people can be hypocritical and don't see someone having the same problems as them, especially when it comes to parents

The One With The Gay Wedding

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
11 December 2014

Not sure what is going on with all these substandard offerings of late. They are all watchable episodes and are very easy going TV that is easy to watch, they just are not very funny.

Plot In A Paragraph: it's the wedding of Ross's ex wife Carol and her lesbian lover Susan, Monica is hired to do the catering when the original caterer has an accident, meanwhile Phoebe finds herself possessed by the spirit of a client who died on her massage table.

I really liked the scene where Ross convinced Carol to go through with the wedding when she started to have doubts after her homophobic parents reveal they will not go to a gay wedding.

It's interesting to see now, all these years later how prejudice some people were, and still are in some places.