"Friends" The One with the Fake Monica (1995)

« Prev | 21 of 236 Episodes | Next »

The One with the Fake Monica

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
11 June 2011

I don't really like that episode. It is one of the episodes that makes me think that if I knew them in real life I would really dislike them. Monica getting a bit drunk and going to party already makes Rachel act as if she is doing something horrible. Well, I guess the good thing is that Monica at least tried to stay a fun person by still going to dance lessons (although as we know she will never manage it, lol)

Luckily Marcel goes away to a zoo. I love animals, but I think his storyline was getting pretty annoying so it is good that the writers ended it fast enough

The best thing is Joey trying to get a stage name and Chandler suggesting him Joseph Stalin. Now that was funny!

The One With Joey's New Name...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
25 June 2016

I absolutely love this episode. It's so funny. It's one of my all-time favorite episodes from this season, and probably the entire series. I love every single segment, except for stupid Ross with his stupid monkey. I really hate him. A lot.

In this episode, Joey tries to find a better stage name, and Chandler suggests Stalin, as a joke. But Joey doesn't understand, and takes the name Joseph Stalin seriously, which ends up with him getting in trouble, and being embarrassed, because of who the real Joseph Stalin was. Meanwhile, a woman stole Monica's credit card, so she, Phoebe, and Rachel track her down, and actually become friends with her. Eventually the "Fake Monica" is arrested, and the girls feel bad, as they basically forgave her because she's so amazing. And Ross has to give up his monkey because he's become very inappropriate with any object around him.

Best part of this episode: Everything except Ross, and Marcel.

Worst part of this episode: Ross, and Marcel.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.

The One with the Fake Monica

Author: Jessica Carvalho from Brazil
22 October 2007

Monica's credit card has been stolen and she discovers that another person is enjoying the life she should have, buying a lot of incredible things and doing nice classes and courses. She decides to investigate the person who is using her credit card, tracking her down in a tap dance class. The woman introduces herself as Monica, and Monica gives the fake name of Monana. The problem is that Monica starts to like the company of the fake Monica, going with her to parties and a lot of different programs.

Joey decides he needs a better stage name, and he accepts Chandler's suggestion of ' Joseph Stalin', not knowing about the terrible dictator.

Ross discovers that his monkey, Marcel, reached sexual maturity, and that he will need to give him to a zoo.

Dull

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
26 November 2014

A really dull episode, as the first season heads towards it's close there have been a few

Plot In A Paragraph: Monica's credit card is stolen and she is horrified to find "fake Monica" is living a better life than her, so see sets about tracking her down. When she does, complications arise when she starts to enjoy "fake Monica's" company. Ross is told has to give up his pet monkey Marcel, while Joey contemplates getting a new stage name.

The only part of this episode I liked was when the episode returns from when Ross has just told Joey and Chandler that he has to give away Marcel. The 3 guys are shown on the couch mimicking the infamous "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" statue often portrayed by 3 monkeys.