"Friends" The One with Ross's Wedding: Part One (1998)

« Prev | 96 of 236 Episodes | Next »

The Friends go to London

Author: LadyAmina from Nigeria
2 January 2015

Chandler was out of character in this episode; mean and grumpy. Half of the time Joey is irritating when he displays his dimwit behaviour but Chandler and the others mostly ignore it out of affection for him. I love the music used in the London scenes; The Clash's 'LONDON CALLING' and Roger Miller's 'ENGLAND SWINGS'. Emily made me laugh when she didn't understand Ross's signal for time-out. Monica annoyed me with the way she tentatively tried to make Emily switch from Chicken Kiev to Salmon because it would be 'more elegant.' Order Salmon at YOUR OWN wedding, Monica! And what sort of idea is postponing the wedding for another time, instead of finding another place for the ceremony? Monica can be such a fool and I was furious her idea made Ross and Emily argue. But Ross arranging the half demolished hall as best as he could and then showing it to Emily was very sweet. I also liked the surprise cameo by the Virgin Group founder, Richard Branson. My brothers admire him so they were astonished when I called them over to see him play the role of a vendor who sells a hat to Joey. Joey was funny with the map thing and then bumping into Fergie, Duchess of York who was friendly at first but then beat a hasty retreat when Joey, being Joey starts to hit on her. Rachel is PLAIN selfish, it's harsh but true. First she's jealous about Ross and Emily then pretended she's not, refused to go to London with the others and finally realises she still loves Ross, packing her bag to go and stop the wedding, even though she knew very well Ross loved Emily. I was not pleased with that.

The One with Ross's Wedding: Part 1

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
11 August 2011

This is the first part of the very exciting season finale I didn't like the Joey and Chandler storyline very much. I don't know about anyone else but to me Chandler seemed so out of character. Too grumpy, easy to embarrass not in the mood for fun. Joey was hilarious though. I loved his excitement and especially the map that he had!

It was good how they created a problem of there being no place to get married. But I disliked how Monica was handling it. And the fact that they made it look as if Ross has been wrong. He was absolutely right. First of all not all women are unreasonable idiots dreaming about wedding all their life, it is Monica's character flaw not that of the rest of females. And even if one is like that, she should be put in her place and use some logic, because postponing this wedding over something like that would be a very nasty thing to do. The solution they found for it was pretty sweet though

Phoebe and Rachel have been pretty funny in that time