IMDb > "Friends" The One the Morning After (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Friends" The One the Morning After (1997)

« Prev | 64 of 238 Episodes | Next »

Touching episode.

Author: laiskiehl from United States
18 June 2008

In my opinion, this episode only loses in terms of 'sadness' to the last episode of Friends.

It's an awesome directed episode, where comedy and drama walk together throughout the whole 30 minutes of the show.

Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe are responsible for the comedy in Monica's room, where they ''lock'' themselves, while Ross and Rachel are fighting in the living room. Of course those two are responsible for the drama, really amazingly acted by both the phenomenal actors David and Jennifer. I was shocked with their ability in the 'drama area', because so far in the series they hadn't done so touching and sad scenes like they did in this episode. I've read they cried for real, by the way.

I think I cried I little bit less in this episode than on the last one. Best drama scene (Ross and Rachel breaking up) on the show. That's how powerful and impacting it was.

Definitely 10 out of 10.

The One the Morning After

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
14 May 2008

Monica and Phoebe try to wax with a new product they saw in TV, but the product is fake in it's promises and too painful. In their first try, they give up.

Rachel discovers by Gunther, in a big chain of gossips, that Ross slept with Chloe in the night they gave break up in their relation. Ross tries to convince Rachel that he thought that Rachel was with Mark, but she doesn't accept him back and they break for real.

Monica, Phoebe, Chandler and Joey don't dare to leave Monica's bedroom while they listen all day to Ross and Rachel arguing about their relationship. They even eat Wax!

The One the Morning After

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
3 July 2011

I am really not a big fan of this story or of Rachel in this situation and yet I find this episode to be great. Both the writing and the acting is on a very high level.

During Rachel and Ross's break up we do get to laugh a bit in scenes when Chloe is still in the house when Rachel comes over, when Ross follows the trail or when Rachel orders pizza. But at the same time we get a very sad and dramatic break up with a great dialogue and wonderful performance by both Jennifer Aniston and David Swimmer.

And I absolutely love the rest of the gang being locked in a room listening to it all. Just sitting there hungry eating wax. And Joey talking about his new walk was hilarious