"Friends" The One Where Underdog Gets Away (1994)

« Prev | 9 of 236 Episodes | Next »

The one of the the Thanks Giving

Author: Jessica Carvalho from Brazil
22 October 2007

Monica, and Ross decide to have Thanks giving dinner in Monica's apartment, since their parents went to Porto Rico. Phoebe joins them, since she is the only one free in the holiday.

Everybody has an idea for Thanks Giving, but one by one, they join Monica , Phoebe and Ross at Monica's:

Rachel wanted to visit her family in Vail, but loses her flight; Joey takes pictures for the free clinic, but since the pictures ends up being for venereal disease, his family avoids him, thinking he has V.D; and Chandler just don't celebrate Thanks Giving, since it was the holiday his parents decided to divorce. ( But in the episode, he decides to change that, celebrating with all his friends in the end of the episode)

Ps: So funny to see Ross talking to Carol's big belly!

Friends: The One Where Underdog Gets Away (#1.9)

Author: jDriftyx82 from United States
1 May 2011

PLOT: With their parents away Monica and Ross decide to have Thanksgiving dinner alone together at Monica's. However, one by one the other friends join them. Rachel says that she can't afford to buy a ticket for Vail to be with her family. Joey confesses that his family thinks that he has V.D. because he appeared in an ad campaign. Chandler recalls his story of how he doesn't eat thanks giving food because of bad family memories. Phoebe brings her Grandmother, confesses that she observes Thanksgiving in December because her Grandma's boyfriend is Lunar. As the Macy's parade passes by, the Underdog balloon gets loose. The friends rush onto the terrace for a better view and get locked out, so the dinner burns. Chandler is happy because everyone eats grilled cheese sandwiches.

Most sitcoms generally have holiday episodes, because how else could we relate to the show if they weren't going through the same things we are going through? The episode is of course really funny, and I personally think the Friends Thanksgiving episodes are better than any other TV shows Thanksgiving episodes.

The One With Their First Thanksgiving...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
7 June 2015

I love this episode. It's one of my all-time favorite episodes from this season and the entire series. As well as one of my favorite Thanksgiving and themed episodes.

In this episode, it's Thanksgiving and everyone has plans. Monica and Ross were meant to spend the holiday with their parents, but they decided to go on vacation, so Monica decides to do Thanksgiving at her apartment. Which disappoints Ross. Rachel was meant to go skiing in Vail and Joey was meant to spend Thanksgiving with his family. But Joey did a health ad which makes his family think he has a V.D. But when the Underdog balloon in the parade gets loose, they want to see, which leads them to get locked out of the apartment and Rachel misses her flight. Everyone gets mad saying how this was no one's first choice, which makes Monica furious, as you can understand. I mean, she's going to the trouble of doing everything the way everyone likes it and they are so ungrateful. Especially Ross.

Best part of the episode: When everyone's fighting out in the hall.

Worst part of the episode: Ross's ungrateful attitude.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.

The One Where Underdog Gets Away

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
9 June 2011

A great thanksgiving episode. Everyone is free on Thanksgiving and Monica makes her first dinner for her Friends. This goes a bot complicated since they all want the kind of potatoes their mom made and Monica tries her best to make everyone happy. It gets even worse when they get locked out of the apartment and the dinner gets burned The story of Ross talking to Carol's stomach because Susan does it is very funny as well. The rivalry between him and Susan is actually very cute. And it also bring some sweet family moments when the baby kicks And Joey's story with him getting the VD in the commercial is pretty funny as well.

Not A Great Episode

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
19 November 2014

Plot In A Paragraph: When everyone's plans fall through Monica (Courtney Cox) hosts a Thanksgiving dinner, but things go awry when everyone gets locked out of the girls apartment.

We meet the owner of Central Perk, a guy named Terry (no surname). We also get a new actress playing Carol, Ross's ex-wife (Jane Sibbett)

Not a great episode, but it had it's moments, Joey's "disease" was funny, and a great excuse to have a Police song to be used, a bit of Sting and Co is never a bad thing.

I thin a lot of effort must have went in to making this look real, as Courtney Cox looked very cold in the scene in the hallway after they have been on the roof