« Prev | 63 of 238 Episodes | Next »

The One Where Ross and Rachel Take a Break

Author: Lady Targaryen from Brazil
14 May 2008

Phoebe meets a diplomat,Sergei, when she is doing free massage at the UN. She starts to date him, but she stays upset because the only way they can communicate is by Sergei's translator, what makes them feel very uncomfortable with many situations.

Chloe, the girl with the belly bottom ring from the Xerox, invites Joey and Chandler for a party. They both are attracted to her and imagine all types of situations.

Ross and Rachel have a terrible fight in Rachel's office, in their first anniversary together. When Rachel comes home, she asks Ross to take a break from their relationship. Ross goes to the same party that Chandler and Joey are, and when he talks to Rachel by phone, he listens to Mark's voice. Thinking that she is making out with him, Ross stays with Chloe, the Xerox girl, in the party.

Douglas this is for you...

Author: Beth Hickson from Edinburgh
9 February 2014

I think this is a great episode, it is something that often happens to couples. So it's good to see everyones favourite show enlighten us on it. In this case Ross and Rachel have another huge argument and agree to just take a break. However both misinterpret what it actually means. Ross goes out to party and ends up feeling almost single and this he clearly states to his close friends. Rachel wouldn't and doesn't do the same as to her a break means still being together. Which I think is a ridiculous concept. However I understand that if you were truly single you'd have broken up. Which is why nothing happened between us that night.

Where did I tell you, you missed your chance for the second time? Head there to find your next clue.

The One Where Ross and Rachel Take a Break

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
2 July 2011

I liked the scenes of Phoebe on the date with the diplomat. There were lots of funny moments there. Starting with his translator ruining their romantic moment, also the times when Phoebe was trying to get his attention while he was talking to Monica and especially when the translator left and they tried to communicate without him. Monica was kind of a selfish friend this time. Phoebe asked her to do a favor and she just ruined it all. But I am thankful for this, because this made the story funnier

Speaking of selfish. Rachel was unbearable this time. Yes, Rachel, it is indeed just a job. When your job ruins your relationship you need to think how to handle it better. Otherwise it just shows your priorities and how little you care about your partner. Ross never seems to have no time and his job is actually important. glad that at the end she at least started to recognize it

The girl from the copy shop was kind of irritating. I don't think I liked the acting, otherwise she wouldn't be that bad