"Friends" The One Where Rachel's Sister Babysits (2003)

« Prev | 223 of 236 Episodes | Next »

Amy is back!

Author: Jessica Carvalho from Brazil
30 April 2009

Monica asks Rachel to write a letter of recommendation to the adoption agency for her and Chandler. Joey feels rejected that Monica didn't ask him to write a letter, but Monica explain that she and Chandler don't think Joey is good with words. Since Joey stays insisting, they decide to let Joey write a letter, but they are apprehensive with their choice. Joey uses the thesaurus in every word of his letter to impress Monica and Chandler with his vocabulary, but the letter ends up with no sense at all.

Phoebe is celebrating her fist Anniversary with Mike, and they go to a Knicks Game to enjoy the day. Phoebe does not approve a guy who proposed to his girlfriend on the scoreboard,saying that she finds that attitude tacky and impersonal, but she notices that after she said that, Mike runs away. She sees that he wanted to propose to her on that way, and feels like she ruined Mike's wish to propose to her, since she already said ''no'' to him in Barbados.

Amy, Rachel's sister, tells Rachel that she has plans to marry Myron, her ex boyfriend's father. The problem is that Amy only talks about Myron's possessions,showing that she totally doesn't care about him. Rachel tries to help Amy to find the right way in her life, and when Amy gives the idea to take care of Emma, Rachel thinks it is a good start. Ross is against the idea, and when Amy brings Emma with her ears pierced, Rachel and Ross stay angry with Amy and finding her irresponsible.

(Until now I don't see what is the big deal to have the ears pierced as a baby..I had mine..)

The One With The Letter Of Recommendation...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
28 April 2015

I really think this episode is very funny. It's nice to see one of Rachel's sisters again, since I think they were both great guest roles.

In this episode, Joey writes a letter of recommendation for Chandler and Monica, for the adoption agency. After they find out that Joey wrote the letter in crayon and sent it in, they start top worry. And the adoption agency thinks a child wrote it, which could go in their favor. Meanwhile, Rachel's sister Amy, moves in with her and Joey. But then when Amy is babysitting Emma, she gets Emma's ears pierced. I personally hate this because what if that child would grow up to never want pierced ears, now she has them for life and she didn't even get a choice. Also, Phoebe keeps accidentally ruining Mike's attempts at proposing.

Special Guest Star: Christina Applegate.

Overall, I give this episode a 9 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Amazing.

The One Where Rachel's Sister Babysits

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
13 September 2011

And we get to see Amy again. She is great in this episode. When she says that she will marry Maryel and look for Mr. Right it is absolutely hilarious. So is her idea to become a stylist for babies. To help them accessorise, look slimmer etc.

Joey's letter is awesome as well. I especially like the one where he wrote a Thessaurus to make himself sound smart so that the letter didn't even make any sense

The whole idea of Mike proposing was pretty fun, although I did find the reactions to Phoebe's proposal very sexist. So back in the days it would be possible for such a nasty comment like the announcer made? I would assume these days he would get fired