IMDb > "Frasier" The Doctor Is Out (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Frasier" The Doctor Is Out (2003)

« Prev | 242 of 263 Episodes | Next »

One of the best episodes in the entire series

Author: blanche-2 from United States
20 April 2008

Admittedly the final years of Frasier weren't overall as stellar as its first seasons, but "Frasier: The Doctor is Out" in season 11 is an example of the brilliant writing the show was still capable of. Patrick Stewart is hilarious as a gay, egomaniacal opera director who assumes Frasier is gay after he is outed by a fan on the radio. Frasier, on the trail of Roz's new boyfriend, walks into "Bad Billy's" bar wearing shorts too small for him because his own shorts split while he was playing squash. The bartender is someone he knows - "I guess you're surprised to see me in here," Frasier says, which is followed by a moment of silence before the bartender says, "Okay." Frasier then finds himself one-half of one of Seattle's "power couples" in a side - or should I say shorts - splitting episode. Borrowing from "Some Like It Hot," this is one not to be missed.

Best episode ever!

Author: ltieri from United States
7 June 2012

So much happens in this episode it so hard to believe that it is only one episode. Patrick Stewart plays the role of Alastair to delightful perfection.

I have watched it over and over and laugh just as hard each time. It is far and away my favorite episode, of any show ever aired! The writing is excellent, the timing is flawless, the laughs are non-stop from beginning to end.

It's hard to pick a favorite line, because there are too many candidates, but if push came to shove I'd have to say my personal favorite has to be when Gill says "I see Kitty has claws!" I will say this line to my husband every now and then, and it cracks him up completely each time!