IMDb > "Frasier" Room Full of Heroes (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Frasier" Room Full of Heroes (2001)

« Prev | 197 of 263 Episodes | Next »

My party, my game, me me me!

Author: dominic-paris from United Kingdom
22 March 2013

I feel I have to stand up for this episode against the bad comments. Apart from a few cringe-worthy performances (Frasier imitating Sigmund Freud (with accent), Niles imitating Martin Crane (head flung back and 'HA!' and subsequent embarrassing dressing down from Martin to a beer-drunken Niles) I found this episode to be one of the funniest of the whole lot and a unique, wonderful illustration of Frasier's deep insecurities, which is what this whole comedy is based on after all - a paranoid, neurotic, obsessive, self-important man (who we love anyway) who just happens to be a psychiatrist, and whose traits are akin to those of patients that should be lying on his couch, not those of which he displays with his immature behaviour, stamping his feet when things aren't going his way: 'Now if we could just return to my game', 'this is my party' and 'I know what you're doing, you're trying to curry favour with dad!' The fact that he's totally oblivious to the fact that people are calling him up pretending to be ill so they don't have to go to his party is hilarious. Some of my favourite Frasier one-liners are in this episode: 'When you saw me in a beard and holding a cigar, what super hero did you think I was supposed to be, hm?', 'Roz, I don't think you can even do that to the flag!', 'I think I know what my game's objectives are and they do not include this nascent migraine!', sulking: 'You're not playing my game. This is chaos, we're just five people in costumes drinking!' and 'Brothers can be 'butt-faces'!' This episode certainly remains at one of my top ten. Maybe number 7, and I recommend it.

Strange Bad Apple in the Bunch

Author: Pecosa from New York, NY
19 December 2007

I'm a huge fan of Frasier, but this episode is truly awful.

For starters, it's poorly written; Martin, Daphne, Roz, and the rest are ridiculously out of character. Worst-faring is Niles, who is suddenly given to mushy tributes, beer-drinking, and ill-advised rants. Roz's dialogue is little better, and she is doomed to recite bad-greeting-card drivel about why Wonder Woman is really her hero. (No, seriously.) On top of that, the episode is neither funny nor heart-warming and ends with Martin Crane getting angry with Niles and storming out of the room - a conflict which is never resolved. The episode just ends immediately afterward! I feel really bad for the actors who had to film this. In their position, I would have been embarrassed. I imagine they probably were. David Hyde Pierce and John Mahoney do their best to put in some physical comedy when the lines are giving them nothing, and it helps . . . a little. But poor Peri Gilpin and Jane Leeves spend the entire episode sitting on a couch, so they don't even have that opportunity.

What happened here? Was it a budgetary problem? Had they spent too much money in the beginning of the season, thus necessitating a way to recoup the cash with a one-set episode? Or was it a time problem, in which no one had sufficient opportunity to revise the script? In any case, yikes! I guess a series with as many incredible episodes as Frasier can be forgiven the occasional bomb, but this . . . well, this is the atom bomb of situation comedy.

Again - those poor actors! That must have been one tough week.