"Foyle's War" They Fought in the Fields (2004)

« Prev | 11 of 28 Episodes | Next »

a good complex episode

Author: lewis-51 from New York, United States
11 November 2013

I love all the Foyle's War episodes that I have seen to date. This one is very good (of course), though not the best.

It is intriguing that for quite a while there seems to be no connection between the two main subplots. If the story has any fault, it is that it is too complicated. There are an awful lot of subplots, most of which are red herrings are not really so interesting. I did like the hint of a romantic interest for Foyle.

I also much appreciate each episode learning some history of how England got through these early war years. This episode we learn about the Women's Land army.

Down on the Farm

Author: Hitchcoc from United States
14 September 2016

A very harsh man is killed one night. We start out suspecting that he is the murdering kind and that there will be a victim of his wrath. However, his "suicide" coincides with the arrival of some German paratroopers, who are gathered up and put to work in a kind of armed camp. They are treated with respect but there seems to be some secret at work here. Meanwhile, a group of women who are working the land begin to act in suspicious ways. Foyle's allows his driver to work with them because they have a potato crop coming in. They have been making fun of her because of her "uppity" ways. There is an incident of the aforementioned man's wife leaving him and this leads to lots of rather complex to connections. It's a good episode, showing another side of the war.