IMDb > "Foyle's War" Bad Blood (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Foyle's War" Bad Blood (2006)

« Prev | 14 of 28 Episodes | Next »

A Goof!?

Author: donflo-2 from Australia
11 February 2007

Realising that there are now fewer and fewer viewers who actually lived through the war years in Britain, the accuracy of the scene setting and events is remarkably good. However, in 'Bad Blood'- which we were told was set in 1942 - one of the Anthrax victims (Sam) was cured by using Streptomycin. This wasn't even developed until October 1943 (by Rutgers, in America) and only released for restricted use (i.e. NOT for general hospital use) until the following years. I am also baffled to remember any effort or 'campaign' (apart from the usual wartime shortages), to save light bulbs? Neither can I find a reference to it. However, that is quibbling and generally the programs are excellent, very authentic and almost scarily evocative of living through those days.

The Worst Kind of Warfare

Author: Hitchcoc from United States
19 September 2016

It's hard to be critical of the military when they are fighting a horrible enemy like Hitler, but here we see the testing of germs as weapons. The story starts out with a planned explosion releasing smoke which, wind borne, moves toward a group of stanchioned farm animals. The problem now is that a sheep is found dying and is brought to a farm and something begins to infest the other animals on the farm. We find out later that these guys are using anthrax spores without realizing the overall effects of their use (think back to those activities in our own country a few years ago when germs were being sent through the mail). There is a second plot as well. A second concern is the death of a woman from anthrax when the doctors can't diagnose it. Sam, who has visited the farm in question, becomes infected herself. This is a very gripping episode which brings forth all kind of questions.

The real Christopher Foyle

Author: raynerchris from United Kingdom
12 August 2008

I was told he (of bookshop fame) had a walk-on cameo in this episode - does anyone know who he played? This is what it says in Wikipedia "In a newspaper article and in his interview that accompanies the first season DVD set Anthony Horowitz was asked why he named the main character Christopher Foyle. He explained that he was seeking a name that evoked the early 1940s and thought of Foyles Bookshop in Charing Cross Road London, previously known for many years for its archaic practices and its owner Christina Foyle. Christopher was the nearest male name to Christina, but from 1999 following the death of Christina Foyle, control passed to her nephew Christopher Foyle who was given a small walk-on cameo part in the episode "Bad Blood"."