IMDb > "Fastlane" Simone Says (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Fastlane" Simone Says (2003)

« Prev | 17 of 22 Episodes | Next »

One of Mischa Barton's first screen appearances.

Author: dougjn from Manhattan (NYC)
3 February 2009

I went back and pulled this episode off the net after going through the complete first three seasons of The O.C., originally because Olivia Wilde, who I love from House MD, had one of her few earlier major appearances in most of the first half of season 2 on The OC, but then because I also fell in love/lust with Mischa Barton in that series. So I had to then go back and watch it via web downloads from S01E01. The extras on The OC season one mention Mischa's appearance here as one of the things that lead them to cast her as primary teen hottie in the OC.

Mischa Barton is truly hot in an elegant, utterly feminine, feisty but ultimately sexually submissive, captivating way. And smart too.

This was one of her debut screen roles -- and as a middle teen (16) pulled off a girl two years older than herself -- a real rarity in Hollywood (where teen hottie and/or real acting roles are nearly always played by girls at least two years older than the role). She's great in it, in a spoiled but not deep inside ingenue sort of way.

As for the series itself - ehh. Mischa though I'm gonna follow.