« Prev | 11 of 154 Episodes | Next »

Philadelphia connection

Author: stones78 from United States
25 September 2012

I don't consider this as one of the strongest episodes from the inaugural season, but one of the few things I'll recall is that a few of the stars were from the great city. Dennis Patrick(Theodore Chandler)and Nancy Walker(Mumsy)hail from the city and I wonder if them starring together was just a coincidence, but the world may never know. It'll take too long to divulge both stories, but there are plenty familiar faces in Don Knotts(Stanley Scheckter), who basically plays Don Knotts(if you know what I mean), Bernie Kopell, who probably skipped across studios from the Love Boat, Julie Cobb(Salem's Lot, 1979), Lynda Day George, and John Fiedler. One story has Knotts playing a bumbling detective looking for that great case he's never had before, and naturally, he gets more than he bargained for, although the woman he's chasing after(George)had her own fantasy with her husband, as the entire segment turned out to be a play, although Stanley(Knotts)was completely unaware of this aspect. The other segment has Fred(Kopell)wishing to have respect from his family and Mumsy(Walker), although Mr. Roarke shuffles the family from building to building, and we find out that Roarke does this as a way to have Fred stand up to him to win the respect from his family. I thought this ending was more clever than the other story, although neither fantasy was that enticing to watch.