« Prev | 85 of 154 Episodes | Next »

Broadway Joe's turn

Author: stones78 from United States
2 September 2015

This was the classic "one good, one bad" episode which starred Cleavon Little, Joe Namath, Mabel King, Chris Connelly, Belinda Tolbert, and the final acting gig for Trish Stewart. The "bad" story has 2 guys and a girl(sounds like a sitcom)wanting to find a legendary missing airplane near a mysterious island, while Broadway Joe flies a plane. It soon has a crash landing, and they get stranded on an island; the problem is that nothing really happens after that, other than Kerry getting bitten by a snake. A few things boggled my mind, like the wooden performance of Connelly, who simply went through the motions. Supposedly, both men are in love with Kerry, and even though Clay thinks that she has eyes for Tom(Connelly), she ends up with Clay instead in a disappointing conclusion. I didn't sense any chemistry at all between the characters. The "good" story wasn't that great, but it was simply better than the other one. I also thought the plot of a man(Little)wishing to be back to when jazz was king was fairly original. Little was probably the best overall performer for both stories. My biggest qualm, however, was how abruptly it seemed to end. Don't lose any sleep if you missed this episode, as nothing that memorable happens.