"Family Matters" It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (1996)

« Prev | 182 of 215 Episodes | Next »

Laura the whora?

Author: david_hokey_16 from United States
3 December 2015

Okay, so the holiday episodes of Family Matters are my absolute favorite but of them all this is my least favorite. I really enjoyed the storyline between Steve and Carl. The relationship between those two has always been a very important part of the series. It's a bit overdone and contrived, however, in this episode but still it's good nonetheless. What I really disliked about this episode is how Laura behaves. First of all, let me state that I've never been a fan of the 'Stefan' plots. The entire idea is completely idiotic and the point in which the show jumped the shark. But Laura's behavior with him and Curtis is what bugs me the most. Throughout the entire show she has been a stand-up girl teaching us viewers important lessons and now she's depicted as a two-timer? Literally she's making out with one guy then pushing him out the door to make out with another! It served to offer up an important lesson, but it was done horribly. She ends up getting to keep the guy she really wants when she should've ended up alone. Altogether a bad episode. I give it a four out of ten.

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (#8.13)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
10 November 2013

A Christmas episode. Urkel and Carl go to the woods to get a Christmas tree. Steve is too picky so they spend too much time in the woods. It starts snowing and their tracks are covered so they can't find the way back and have to sit in the woods until the sky clears and Steve can use stars to get home.

Laura is confused by whom she wants more, Curtis or Stefan. Harriet urges her to make a choice to avoid hurting them.

A slightly boring episode. Yeah, Steve and Carl's conversation was sweet and the advice Harriet gave to Laura was a good one. But I didn't laugh much and this is kind of important in a sitcom.