"Star Trek: Enterprise" Broken Bow: Part 2 (2001)"Enterprise" Broken Bow: Part 2 (original title)

« Prev | 2 of 98 Episodes | Next »

Loyalty is an Emotion

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
18 October 2007

Captain Jonathan Archer, T'Pol and Trip meet Sarin and she explains that Klaang is a courier, bringing an important message from her to the leaders of the Klingons in Kronos about rebels Suliban that intend to promote the Temporal Cold War among the Klingons. Archer feels the need of rescuing Klaang and travels to the Suliban mother-ship with Trip to bring the Klingon back to Enterprise. T'Pol seems to understand that loyalty is an emotion that cannot be avoided by humans.

In spite of being a huge fan of Star Trek, I have not followed the episodes of "Enterprise" on cable television. I have decided to buy the DVD box of the First Season and this first episode surprised me. The adventure of the first Enterprise, Captain Jonathan Archer, the gorgeous T'Pol, Reed, Mayweather, Dr. Phlox, Hoshi and Trip is excellent, at least in this pilot. I have noted in IMDb that this episode is actually divides in two parts, but on DVD they are just one, therefore my review is valid for both. I did not like the music score theme, which I found very annoying, but this was an exception in this great show. My vote is nine.

Title (Brazil): "Broken Bow"

And We're Off

Author: Hitchcoc from United States
4 March 2017

These first two episodes were necessary to gain inroads into the obstacles that needed to be overcome so that the exploration of the galaxy could commence. These were basically search and rescue missions which allowed us to see where we were at with the Klingons, the face of arrogance when it relates to the stonewalling, obstructionist Vulcans. And to see other species and to put together a crew that will be facing off with every type of problem as they go on their mission. This predates the original Star Trek series and gives us a more primitive, even more dangerous set of circumstances. This should be fun.