IMDb > "ER" Orion in the Sky (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"ER" Orion in the Sky (2002)

« Prev | 175 of 331 Episodes | Next »

"You set the tone Carter"

Author: bittertim
7 May 2007

This episode features Dr.Greene's last day working at the ER and finally coming to terms with the fact he is going to die and he wants to die the way he lived his life. Fans of the show will notice many heartbreaking moments in this episode. Like when he tells the patient that he too knows what it is like to be dying. The 2 most painful moments are when he is leaving for the last time. When he is walking toward the door he makes eye contact for the last time with his longtime crush, Dr.Lewis, and as he walks to the door he responds to Abby's goodnight with a crushing "goodbye". The final scene between Greene and Carter passes the torch from one to the other, but in doing so leaves a huge void the show has never filled. Dr. Greene set the tone.

Orion in the Sky (#8.18)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
6 April 2015

And now Dr. Greene left the Emergency Room to try to live his final months or days outside of work.

I must saw I was bawling my eyes out. Mark Greene is one of my favorites in the show. I always liked him as the doctor he portrayed as well as the person. Always smart and kind. I still have to accept that he will be gone. But it is nice to see him accept his fate in this episode and try to make the best out of the end instead of fighting something that he cannot change.

So many moments in this episode....We get to see him still worrying about being pitied and not wanting to give up his work. And then we see him making his final big decision and telling Kerry not to let her work become her life.

I hope we still get to see him before he dies. But this episode was the real end of Dr. Greene. And I don't think it will be the same without him.