"The Dick Powell Theatre" The Doomsday Boys (1962)"The Dick Powell Show" The Doomsday Boys (original title)

« Prev | 34 of 60 Episodes | Next »

Solid story

Author: GUENOT PHILIPPE (philippe.guenot@dbmail.com) from France
1 February 2016

I admit that I don't remember having already seen any movie with such a scheme. But that doesn't mean that this same scheme has never been told before. A group of prisoners put themselves volunteers for an experiment behind bars, a, experiment conducted by the authorities to find out a vaccine against disease...It could be the normal prison story, it could, and somewhere it is. But not only, it's before a strong character study, with a powerful performance for Peter Falk who is a sort of team master of all those guys. He plays the physician in charge of the whole thing. The story telling is wonderful when it purchases the each character's motivation, why they decided to do this...Look out for the face to face between Falk and Dick Powell. I would have imagined John Cassavettes in this character, and not only because he was Falk's pal in real life. A true highlight of the series. Strongly made by Elliott - CAT BALLOU - Silverstein.