IMDb > "Designing Women" The Beauty Contest (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Designing Women" The Beauty Contest (1986)

« Prev | 2 of 163 Episodes | Next »

another classic television moment

Author: susiq1067 from United States
11 May 2008

This show became one of my favorites after it started in reruns. I had never seen it during its prime time run because I always worked nights. When I had my daughter, Designing Women was on at noon and at four (two episodes each time), which coincided with feeding time for the baby. I loved the writing, the characters, development, everything. And there is nothing like Julia when she goes off on someone (I don't think anyone could've played the part better than Dixie Carter, either). Her rant at the end at Marjorie is top of the line. I still hear in my head every once in a while "And THAT, Mar-jo-rie, is the NIGHT the LIGHTS went OUT in GEOR-GIA!"

Carls Jr in Georgia

Author: dtegtmeier51 from United States
25 June 2007

This is another program that is so well written, I laugh out loud every episode. 20 years after this episode originally aired and I caught a minor faux pas. Charlene, while talking about how much she enjoys selling her cosmetics on the side, mentions a woman she met at Carl's Jr. BUT, there are NO Carl's Jr. in Georgia or any other state east of the Mississippi. On that side of the country, those fast food restaurants are called Hardee's. Carl's Jr. restaurants are only in the West. They do share parent company CKE Restaurants, comprised of Carl's Jr./Green Burrito, Hardee's, and La Salsa. As many times as I've seen this episode over the last 20 years, I can't believe it took me this long to catch that!