IMDb > "The Dead Zone" Lotto Fever (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Dead Zone" Lotto Fever (2006)

« Prev | 63 of 81 Episodes | Next »

Crazy mail man

Author: ajstyled (femileo@gmail.com) from United Kingdom
3 April 2007

Can't they just give johnny a break. I'm tired of seeing all this strangers with problems going to johnny's house to kidnapped or ask for his help one way or the other. Yeah I thought johnny should have sensed a guy was coming in with a gun when he got to the door. And should have known all along that he had no bullets in his pistol. The poker scene was cool, it's like they beat johnny at his own game. It's good to see Sarah again but she was not given enough screen time and no Bruce. Overall i think this episode was OK and similar and not the best. Well if johnny didn't help him he would probably end up dead. I hope the dead zone creators are not running out of ideas and shouldn't disappointed the fans who knows a lot more about how johnny vision works and what they want to see in the Dead zone.

A lotta blah

Author: Mo (Mublumm@aol.com) from Canada
26 September 2006

Goodness, neither sleet nor hail nor rain nor snow will allow Johhny Smith to ever get any rest. All he wanted to do was crash into his bed and relax for a bit. After all, this has been quite the busy season for him. He came close to getting killed about five times already and there's still half a year to go. So, I was as frustrated as he was to see that there was yet another case that he had to take up when he was just set on retiring for the night. It all starts when a mysterious nebach knocks at the door, Johnny opens it, and the guy sticks his gun in OFP's face. What the heck is that? Smith has a top notch security system but doesn't even bother to look out and see who's there? He doesn't even feel his front door to see that the guy is wielding a .40?

Another ridiculous element to this story I found was that after Johnny realized that this person who held a gun to his head, forcing him to commit several crimes, didn't have any bullets, Johnny still resolved to help him out. They painted his decision as a deliberated one, one which he chose to be a good guy and help this loser in need. But the fact that he was no longer in harm's way and is with a man who committed armed robbery, he has a legal duty to turn the guy in ASAP. One can't lawfully claim, "Yea, but I was just trying to help the fella out." Johnny should have gotten into serious trouble for aiding and abetting. We'll have to assume Walt greased some wheels for his buddy John.

I see that they contrived a reason to feature poker in the show. Texas Hold'em poker is one the fastest rising games in popularity and it is much like TDZ to want to stay with it and feature Johnny in a poker scene, so it was understandable and it played as cool as I figured it would. Extra kudos for not being cheap in having Johnny just know what everyone's hand is; they wrote the scene much smarter than I would have predicted.

In the end, the criminal gets arrested and his wife, daughter and father are there to watch him go. They are now supportive of him and all showcase their love and understanding for who he is. That is the most unrealistic crock I've ever seen on this show. In real life, if someone were getting arrested in front of his family, they would be yelling up a storm, either at the cops, white trash style, or at the idiot drunk of a bread-winner getting arrested. None of this, "You are the same man I fell in love with," junk. It's time to shout obscenities!

On the positive, it's nice to see Sara back. I'm pretty sure this was her first episode since season 4 and even after this show she still has less camera time than Dana Bright. Nicole deBoer must have some other projects going on right now because she is barely to be seen at all this season. I'm sure we'll get more of her eventually. In the meantime, I've got a Fever to get over…