IMDb > "Secret Agent" Judgement Day (1965) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Secret Agent" Judgement Day (1965)"Danger Man" Judgement Day (original title)

« Prev | 30 of 48 Episodes | Next »

The one Drake doesn't win.

Author: Nasco12 from London, United Kingdom
25 September 2011

Right from the beginning he's disorientated, out of control. He has no time to plan. And what little he is able to plan immediately starts to go wrong.

With Garriga, the storm clouds gradually darken. To begin with we think he's the victim but as he talks in his sleep and behaves increasingly erratically we just know there's more to him than meets the eye.

When we do get to find out about his past I loved the balanced way in which the issue was dealt with. How bad was he? What right did the hit squad have to do what they did? At the end of the day it was far from clear who were the good guys and who the bad - although there was never much doubt about how things would end for Garriga himself.

In the pilot and the customs man Judgement Day even manages to include that hallmark of good drama: well drawn minor characters.

Over all, probably the best Dangerman I have seen yet. The best of a very good bunch.

I wasn't as impressed by this one.

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
13 August 2014

At this point, there is only one other review for this particular episode and they describe it as among the best shows they've seen in the series. Well, although I liked parts of the show, I was NOT all that impressed by this one. Much of it simply is a matter of your own personal moral compass--and I felt Drake was clearly on the wrong side on this one.

Drake is send to a Muslim country to rescue a doctor who is totally freaked out. The man insists that people are out to kill him and he is so paranoid, he even poses a risk to Drake! Eventually, they head towards the border--as Drake tries to get this man back to Britain. However, their plane is diverted and it turns out the doctor is a war criminal. A Jewish group not associated with the Israeli government has taken it upon themselves to be the judge, jury and executioner of the man, as he conducted experiments on prisoners in a Nazi concentration camp during the war. Drake is outraged and insists that the group has no authority to do this on their own and the man MUST be judged by a court--not these people. In the end, Drake is overruled and the guy is killed.

I had a hard time with this episode because I always thought Drake was a great guy in other shows. Here, however, he seems to be a little too sympathetic towards a truly evil man. Considering the doctor's taken refuge in a nation most like unwilling to ever extradite the man for his crimes, I sure felt that vigilante justice was more than reasonable considering the monstrous deeds he'd done. I would have been happier to see Drake put a bullet in the man's head and his arguing for 'justice' seemed strange and a bit disgusting. At least the show was interesting and makes you think--and I really appreciate that.