IMDb > "Criminal Minds" What Fresh Hell? (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Criminal Minds" What Fresh Hell? (2006)

« Prev | 12 of 210 Episodes | Next »

Solid but dull

Author: moysant from Australia
17 October 2006

The team hunts down a child kidnapper who isn't playing games or providing leads and the cops are getting nowhere fast. There's some 'touching' background business about the divorced mum and dad, that really is just padding. It's an episode where Gideon is more erratic than usual which provides a bit of oomph, but most of the other scenes are just filler that don't move the plot along much. There are the usual actors 'talking to camera' to give us (the audience) vital statistics about child survival rates after the first 24 hours, etc, etc, which are just jarring (I feel like I'm in a lecture). In other words it is slow. And it is unbelievable that the cops search the hideout and don't find the girl the first time, or that Gideon picks such a dramatic way to get into the house (seems a bit over the top).

And Elle's unemotional persona is beginning to bug me.

Annoying Parents District From Crime Story

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
12 January 2007

A snotty 11-year-old girl, arguing with her mother the soccer coach, is told to take out her hostilities with a few laps around the park. Before she begins, she cellphones her recently- divorced, leaving a message that she wants to stay with him. Moments later a stranger comes by and says he's looking for his lost dog. The next we know, we the girl in the back seat of an SUV trying to get someone's attention as she is being driven off.

The BAU is called to the area - Wilmington, Delaware - to handle the kidnapping. They know from past child abductions that all of these kids were killed by the 24-hour mark. It is now 21 hours so they assume they have three hours at most to find this kid.

The episode is "fair." My complaint would be that there was a little too much soap opera stuff in here regarding the kid's parents (the mother having problems with the girl; the father battling cancer; the two just divorced; the father hot-tempered, the woman still bitter. etc.) This program, like CSI, is better when they concentrate more on the crime and not all the personal issues.

Your Eyes Are Glued To The Screen!

Author: maryamsarah from United Kingdom
25 May 2009

I Think That This Is Truelly One Of The Best Episodes , Its Different And The Profiling Is Yet Again Amazing Its Something Our Kids Should Learn To Watch Rather Than Some Good For Nothing Cartoons. Gives You inside Information.

The Actors Act Out Their Parts Greatly , Especially Dr Spencer Reid the Obvious Cute One. They All Act Incredibly rehearsed And Fit into Their Character Very Well . You Can See That The Screen writer Has Gotten Very Useful information And Added It Very Carefully Into Episode. Instead Of Havng Normol Boring Killing Episodes On And On , Shows Such As CSI. Criminal Minds Is A Show That Will Hopefully Go A Long Way , With Me Onboard!!

Not unique or impressive

Author: hppg
21 October 2006

This was the second-and-a-half episode of "Criminal Minds" I watched. I honestly find it brings nothing new to the crime-show genre, which has been done to death. In this episode the team searches for a missing girl, apparently abducted from her local park during a soccer game. As her parents are divorced, some sort of familial kidnapping is at first suspected, but it becomes clear very early on that this is not the case. I found this episode could be anything you would see on "SVU" or "Without a Trace", except even more boring. There is something about the cast and the way episodes are shot that don't make them engaging. (Also, I find it annoying how all these shows are about different parts of local police/FBI yet they all seem to work on exactly the same sorts of cases. I know it's not really related to this episode, it just irritates me.)

The end of this episode is, similar to previous episodes, once again quite easily visible from far off. Even getting to the ending is not very interesting. I liked the scene at the beginning between the girl and her mother, before she went missing. But this show just doesn't draw me in.