IMDb > "Combat!" Ask Me No Questions (1966) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Combat!" Ask Me No Questions (1966)

« Prev | 118 of 152 Episodes | Next »

Better to be Lucky Than Good !

Author: Jim Marchese from Mesa, AZ USA
29 October 2014

"Ask Me No Questions" is a story about German Intelligence gaining information from American POW's. Claude Aikens puts on a fine performance as Sergeant Mastin who is planted by the Germans to gain information from the Americans. The Germans have it going their way when their luck finally runs out.

An old Chinese proverb says "One Grain of Luck Worth Whole Rice Field of Wisdom." And so it is for the Americans in this story. The greatest laid plans can be nullified if your luck runs out.

Ed Lakso wrote a reasonably good screenplay. Great suspense is created when the American POW's realize they've given up vital information which could cost American lives. And as usual the Sarge comes up with an excellent plan to save the day. I appreciate how the story teaches us that "silence really is golden" and that "the less said the better"; all good lessons to learn for all ages. Or as my great aunt used to say, "the less you say the less mistakes you make."

There's some good action between Saunders & Mastin in the script and the archival footage of cannon fire is always fun to watch. I would not call "Ask Me No Questions" one of Ed Lakso's better screenplays, but it is still reasonably entertaining. And as always the story is very believable.