IMDb > "Cheers" Dinner at Eight-ish (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Cheers" Dinner at Eight-ish (1987)

« Prev | 115 of 271 Episodes | Next »

Frasier and Lilith have decided to move in together. To celebrate, they invite Sam and Diane over for dinner.

Author: PsychiatricPezDispenser from United States
23 March 2012

One of the all-time best episodes of Cheers and without a doubt, the best Frasier/Lilith episode. Like most Frasier/Lilith episodes, Dinner at Eight-ish isn't loud and outrageous like a Cliff Clavin episode would be (although, Lilith does have a bit of a nervous breakdown before dinner). It's very witty and the humour is centred around on-going jokes throughout the episode (Lilith/Frasier/Diane locking themselves in the bathroom, Sam sitting on the couch eating non- stop). The one area where this episode could have been a little stronger was the "back at the bar" storyline. Otherwise, this episode deserves the 10/10 it received from me. The most bitter- sweet scene for watchers of Cheers and Frasier would probably in this episode when Frasier and Lilith gleefully sing "Our House" together at the piano. If you're as strong a proponent for the Frasier/Lilith relationship as I, your heart will break for them as you know that they don't end up together. Fortunately, Diane will pop up and snap you out of it as she starts to sing along. Dinner at Eight-ish is a wonderful episode of Cheers and is sure to be a favourite of yours.

Dinner at Eight-ish (#5.20)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
22 May 2014

Frasier and Lilith decided to move in together and invite Diane and Sam to have dinner with them to celebrate it. Before the guests arrive Lilith and Frasier already have a fight about who wanted to move in first. After more is to come including the relationship details of Diane and Frasier coming out.

Definitely my favorite episode so far. Frasier is my favorite character and Lilith is an absolutely perfect partner for him. I sure would love to see more about them than Sam and Diane. The way they talk make one laugh a lot. All those little outbursts by every character were an absolute perfection.