IMDb > "Charmed" Womb Raider (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" Womb Raider (2002)

« Prev | 88 of 179 Episodes | Next »

Unborn Demoniac Baby

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
27 July 2007

Phoebe has nightmares during the night, and her unborn baby begins to control her body attacking Paige or any threat to his safety. Meanwhile, in the underworld, the ambitious The Seer convinces the demoniac council to postpone the coronation of Dane while she plots to steal the baby to become the new Source.

In this reasonable episode, the evil The See uses her powerful magic trying to be the new Source, but the Halliwell sisters prove that the Power of Three is invincible. With the underworld lords destroyed, who might be the next enemy of the Charmed Ones? My vote is six.

Title (Brazil): "O Bebê de Phoebe" ("The Baby of Phoebe")

Stolen baby

Author: Realrockerhalloween from United States
13 September 2016

Womb raiders has Phoebe having cryptic dreams where she goes into labour and watches while the seer steals her baby. I know Phoebe has premonition were they warning her of the kidnapping or her body trying to tell her the baby was never her's? The baby looked normal besides the possession attempts and power display but could a binding potion and good nurturing have raised a force for good is left open in the air. The seer says her blood was put into the potion to create the baby, but I wish it went more into detail about her grand scheme on how she would deliver it since it nearly killed its original host and demons are capable of having kids. One moment Phoebe wants to save her child from the darkness, but within seconds changes her mind like its no big deal and neither parent mentions him again.

I find the story line compelling with not enough time to develop it properly leaving these important questions up for the viewers to decide who is evil or good and the motivations of the leads open to interpretation unlike a good writer would.

Another aspect I enjoyed, though it should've been saved for season eight, was vanquishing all the leaders of the underworld and leaving it vacant. Does it mean no more demons and the fight over or does the balance top further towards good winning the war? I think womb raiders was amazing, but not well rounded, fleshed out and needed more time to deal with consequences or rewards for all the actions taken here. It seemed like Another day, another vanquish without mourning an innocent life, exploring his roots more and what doing away with the council entitles now.