IMDb > "Charmed" Lucky Charmed (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" Lucky Charmed (2003)

« Prev | 106 of 179 Episodes | Next »

Demons magnets

Author: owlaurence from France
27 June 2008

I am of two minds concerning that episode. It does have its moments. Pat Benatar's arrival and the leprechaun's comment "I hit you with my best shot" are very funny, and how ironic is it that Phoebe's first post-Cole date happens to be a demon ? (Demon magnet... there might be an interesting crossover to suggest here.) Anyway, I like the whole online-dating discussion, which provides a nice realistic break from all the magical happenings. My only criticism is that the "revelation" at the end is everything but.

Unfortunately, the plot with the leprechaun is standard at best. I really cannot believe that Paige would break the personal gain rule, and she does it so unsubtly that for the whole episode I keep waiting for something awful to happen to her. Beyond that, the series is best when it mocks clichés, and this episode just lines them up in a tidy row. Those leprechauns don't even feel very real : they spend the whole episode sitting around in a desert meadow. And I'm being picky, but aren't there any *female* leprechauns ?