IMDb > "Charmed" Lost and Bound (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" Lost and Bound (2002)

« Prev | 79 of 180 Episodes | Next »

The Firestarter

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
17 June 2007

Cole proposes Phoebe again giving the wedding ring of her grandmother, and she changes her behavior to the typical suburban middle-class housewife of the 60's inspired in Samantha Stephens, from "Bewitched". Meanwhile Page gets a job to Cole in the Social Service, and she brings the powerful orphan Tyler, who has the ability of start fire, to the Halliwell house. They find in the Book of Shadows that the boy is a wanted Firestarter and also that The Source's agent Ludlow is chasing him using demoniac bounty hunters. Leo and the sisters decide to destroy Ludlow to protect the boy.

"Lost and Bound" spends too much time in the silly behavior of Phoebe, while the story of the boy is interesting. Cole is trying to act like a normal human, but his position as a lawyer is controversial due to the lack of documentation and his past in the attorney office. My vote is six.

Title (Brazil): "O Orfão" ("The Orphan")

NOT Bewitched!

Author: Cecilia Schofield from United States
4 November 2016

I have watched Bewitched since I was a kid (Note: It was long considered classic TV when I used to watch it) and I am outraged at the portrayal of the show. To anyone who has actually WATCHED the show, they would know that Samantha is not a passive stereotypical housewife. She actually takes care of things all by herself, often going behind Darrin's back to fix problems. Watch any of the episodes from the black and white seasons and you'll see her attitude. Sure, she listens to Darrin and doesn't use her powers, but she does this out of trust in the marriage. She also does this to spite her family who opposes her marriage, and in fear that Darrin will abuse her powers and become greedy. She DOESN'T just cook dinner or sit and knit, like Phoebe does in this episode. (In the early seasons Sam is a terrible cook and I don't think she's ever knitted). They should have never dragged Bewitched into this. They could have made it so Phoebe was cursed to act like a stereotypical 50's housewife. Instead they dragged the reputation of a classic show (A show that took place in the late 60s-early 70s and was mostly in COLOR), of which they obviously had limited knowledge.

Apart than that, I loved the firestarter plot, especially the parents being demons- they should have focused even more on this storyline, because it was excellent.

It's about to heat up

Author: Realrockerhalloween from United States
20 September 2016

Lost and bound is unique for several reasons such as a fire-starter being used as the body guard for the source, Piper wanting a child and her natural instincts taking over to protect Tyler. Piper believes if they had kept their powers since childhood Prue would be alive, The Source vanquished and they would be on their way to having a child. Yet once Tyler is taken to Ludlow to have his ability transfused to the evil king her mother instincts kick in to save him at all costs and binds his powers to protect him. As I always believed it was dangerous for children to be raised around magic and should be bounded so they may know a normal life.

I wish it had explored why the source would need new abilities since his own nearly killed the charmed ones before with fireballs and he can flame in. Another issue is the academy seems to have changed from wrestling with demons as an office building to a medieval castle. It takes you out of the world when you see inconsistencies like this and makes The episodes appear in an alternate reality without a connection to one another.

The One With The Firestarter...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
6 June 2015

I really enjoy this episode. It's funny, it's interesting and creative, and it gives us the first look into how Piper and Leo would work if they were parents.

In this episode, Cole re-proposes to Phoebe, but this time she says yes. However, the ring she got, Grams' ring, turns her into a a version of Samantha from Bewitched, which even makes her flash black and white for a while. Meanwhile, Paige finds a young boy at the social services office who can start fires. She takes him back to the Manor where Piper looks after him. They discover that he is a firestarter and his demon parents want to collect their bounty for delivering him to the Source. But Piper won't let that happen.

Best part of the episode: When Piper gets very protective over the boy.

Worst part of the episode: When Phoebe acts really affectionate towards Cole.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.