"Charmed" Is There a Woogy in the House? (1999)

« Prev | 16 of 180 Episodes | Next »

The Spiritual Nexus

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
21 January 2007

After an earthquake, the Halliwell sisters call the gasman to check the smell of gas in the basement. The man is possessed by an evil force, and later Phoebe, who is afraid of the Boogieman, is also possessed. Prue and Piper are expelled from their house and they find that the place is a spiritual nexus, equidistant from the five elements: earth, water, fire, wood and metal. Now evil is living in the house and the two sisters have to fight to rescue Phoebe from the dark side and destroy evil and bring the good and light back to the place.

"Is There a Woogy in the House?" is a reasonable episode of "Charmed". As usual, there are no explanations or consequences for the persons somehow affected by the Halliwell sisters: Andy is only suspended and the fate of the gasman, the professors, and the neighbors is unknown. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Medo do Chicho-Papão" ("Fear of the Woogy-Man")

What is lurking in the house?

Author: Realrockerhalloween from United States
8 September 2016

A great episode which show plays all the reasons I love this show and one of my favorites. Milano gives a great performance played innocently and slick. You could tell she really loved The script and ate it up on The screen.

The woogy is the stuff of nightmares and actually very creepy. I like how they really ingrained his history to a past character, his motives and resting place. His character is truly memorable and ranks number 3 on my list of villains. I cant praise the writers enough for the gold mine they struck here and wish they had kept it up.

The sisters each have separate stories that add to the main and advance the story. Each prove why all three are needed and why they work so well together. This is one episode you can't miss.

The One With The Shadow...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
12 June 2015

I really love this episode. It's one of my all-time favorite episodes from this season, and in my Top 20 from the series. The first time I saw it, when I was about seven years old, the Woogy really creeped me out, and I could really relate to how Phoebe must have felt when she was a child.

In this episode, an earthquake makes a mysterious shadow demon come out of the cracks of the Halliwell Manor's basement. Everything seems alright until a handyman comes to fix a gas leak in the basement, calls for Phoebe's help, and she gets kind of possessed and controlled by the shadowy figure. She has faced this demon once before, and called it the Woogyman, like Boogyman. She almost kills Piper and Prue at one point and then banishes them from the house. Whilst the shadow continues to influence people, Prue and Piper have to find a way to bring their sister back and get her to vanquish the Woogyman, once and for all.

Fun Fact: This is the first time any of the sisters add something to The Book Of Shadows.

Fun Fact: We discover that Phoebe was born in the Manor.

Fun Fact: This is the first time Phoebe turns evil.

First appearance of: Penny "Grams" Halliwell

Demon appearances: The Woogyman (Nexus)

Spells: I am light, I am one too strong to fight, return to dark where shadows dwell, you can not have this Halliwell! Now go away and leave my sight, and take with you this endless night.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Freaking Ridonkulous.