IMDb > "Charmed" I Dream of Phoebe (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" I Dream of Phoebe (2004)

« Prev | 127 of 179 Episodes | Next »

A long day's Arabic Night

Author: owlaurence from France
7 August 2008

This is a very uneven episode. There are a few great lines, everybody gets to do something so that there is a lot of action... but there are some moments of abysmal acting. Jinny's fake accent at the beginning even grates on my nerves, and the shot of Phoebe standing there with her mouth wide open (just before the opening credits) makes me wince. Apart from that, what makes the plot work is that it intertwines quite cleverly with the sisters' individual plots : Paige is trying to handle an increasingly uncontrollable Richard, Phoebe finds herself in pantaloons and prey to her nephew's foolish wishes, and Piper finally gets to sleep with a man that night... only not the one she aimed at, and not the way she planned. And she ends up dead AGAIN. There is a rather touching little moment when Leo heals Piper even though he's unconscious.

The episode also makes a small contribution to the main arc. Now Chris's big secret is out, and he is just realising that by changing the past he may have prevented himself from being born. The shift in his priorities is quite understandable and his disgust at Greg the Fireman is hilarious -and his wish to get his parents to sleep together backfires splendidly, although he does put them on the path to reconciliation. That's a Halliwell for you.