IMDb > "Charmed" Blinded by the Whitelighter (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" Blinded by the Whitelighter (2001)

« Prev | 56 of 180 Episodes | Next »

Using Instinct and Intuition

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
16 April 2007

The warlock Earnes absorbs the powers of the good witches that he has been murdering. After killing his last victim, her whitelighter Nathalie is sent by the elders to join Leo to protect the Charmed ones. Nathalie follows the instructions of the elders by the book, while the sisters follow their instinct and intuition. When Phoebe has a premonition, the Halliwell sisters protect the victim, but they realize that he is a darklighter, and then they disclose he real intention of Earnes: to steal the crossbow of the darklighter, and use it to kill the whiterlighters, leaving the witches without protection.

In "Blinded by the Whitelighter", the sisters prove the importance of commonsense, using their instinct and intuition to save the whitelighters. Nathalie is an annoying character with her military behavior but the episode is funny. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Cegada por um Anjo" ("Blinded by an Angel")

The Heavens are under attack

Author: Realrockerhalloween from United States
10 September 2016

Blinded by the whitelighter is a great Leo central ep which reveals many details about his past and what a whitelighter is. You find out Leo knew Natalie when they served together in the war and she was there during his death to offer him a chance to be a guardian Angel to witches. You find out Whitelighters have their own language, which never gets used again, can't eat on the job and should never wing it instead forming a battle plan like they did with Belthazar.

Eames was a wonderful warlock villain who lives up to his reputation by being clever, manipulative and dreaming big. Stealing three powers from different witches and one poisonous crossbow to enter the heavens in order to wipe out the Elders. While I find the plot similar to Oh, My Goddess with the titans actually accomplishing the task, I felt it was done better here. Keeping it shrouded in mystery and keep a great balance for good in the process.

Another thing I love was Phoebe worrying about Cole's safety now that a bounty has been placed on his head and Piper trying to gain the favor of Nat's so she can marry the man she loves. In fact saving their whitelighter butts is what makes them agree to lift the rule in the first place and may be seeing Paige will be needed soon forced their hand.

This episode will astound and surpass any great writing this season becoming my favorite.

The One Where Leo Quits...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
18 May 2015

I really like this episode. It's interesting how we get to see and hear more about whitelighters and their "community".

In this episode, Eames, a warlock who has been stealing powers from certain witches for decades finally comes across The Charmed Ones. Some of the powers he has stolen, such as cloning and deflection of powers, comes in handy when he comes up against the sisters. Leo's whitelighter friend, Natalie, comes to warn the sisters about the warlock in hopes that they'll stop him. After Leo realizes that he's not fit to be their guardian angel anymore, Leo hands all his Charmed Ones duties over to Natalie, which does not agree with Piper. After playing by the rules gets the sisters nowhere, because Natalie is killed by Eames and he steals her orbing ability, they vanquish whilst in the heavens in Elder's land.

Overall, I give this episode an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.