IMDb > "Cannon" The Predators (1972) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Cannon" The Predators (1972)

« Prev | 30 of 120 Episodes | Next »

What is WRONG with those people?!

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
19 July 2013

I am no crazed animal rights guy, but some of what I heard in this episode of "Cannon" really made me think--and I was shocked at the crazy sort of stuff folks have done to wipe out coyotes! Apparently, traps that explode or shoot cyanide bombs at the poor creatures have been in use for a long time---and that just seems nuts! In this show, they talk about 'coyote getters'--one of these nasty devices and Cannon himself has to be careful he doesn't trigger one of these nasties! The show begins with a Hispanic guy being discovered dead on land covered in coyote getters. At first, it looks like one of them exploded and killed the guy--and the land owner (Phyllis Thaxter) is at fault for not putting up warning signs. But, once Frank Cannon began digging, he realized the man couldn't have died because of these devices--he was murdered. And the trail eventually leads to a different sort of coyote, as folks who are paid to bring illegals over the border are also referred to as 'coyotes'--and this one is indeed a bad person! Overall, a decent episode but one that sure confused me--not because of the plot (it was well written) but because of the very thought of cyanide and explosive devices! Weird but well made.