"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Cool Change (2000)

« Prev | 2 of 335 Episodes | Next »

re: dedication

Author: rnafisa from United States
13 August 2006

I just watched the same episode and also wondered the same thing. The first entry I found on Google was this one. When I change spelling of the name and added 1971-2000, found this: Wolf, Owen. At the end of the episode, you will see In Memory of Owen Wolf, 1971-2000. Owen Alexander Wolf was a 29-year-old television production assistant who was shot in the head just as he was about to enter a Costco in Van Nuys. He was the victim of a botched armored truck robbery in which the two suspects fired heavily and indiscriminately at the crowd. Wolf was a Philadelphia native who had moved to Southern California to work in the film industry as a screenwriter, director or producer. His resume stated he had a bachelor's degree in literature and drama from Bennington College in Vermont and lived in Berkeley before coming to Studio City (Los Angeles). He had spent his summer working on CSI, and had recently worked on the WB show Felicity.

Answer to dedication

Author: joanneb-5 from United Kingdom
24 January 2008

Wolf, Owen. At the end of the episode, you will see In Memory of Owen Wolf, 1971-2000. Owen Alexander Wolf was a 29-year-old television production assistant who was shot in the head just as he was about to enter a Costco in Van Nuys. He was the victim of a botched armoured truck robbery in which the two suspects fired heavily and indiscriminately at the crowd. Wolf was a Philadelphia native who had moved to Southern California to work in the film industry as a screenwriter, director or producer. His resume stated he had a bachelor's degree in literature and drama from Bennington College in Vermont and lived in Berkeley before coming to Studio City (Los Angeles). He had spent his summer working on CSI, and had recently worked on the WB show Felicity.

CSI: Cool

Author: Scarecrow-88 from United States
14 September 2014

With the ugly turnabout of Holly Gribbs' (Chandra West, concluding her quick time on the show at its beginning) shooting, surgery, and most certain death, Brass is reduced from lead of the crime lab back to Homicide while Gil Grissom receives "temporary promotion" to take over as the boss of CSI in Las Vegas. Sara Sidal (Jorga Fox) is a CSI in San Francisco called in by Gil (he trusts her and wanted IA away from the lab) to investigate internally what went wrong during the night Holly Gribbs was shot. Warrick placed a bet for a sonofabitch corrupt judge wrongfully, having to earn him a quick few thousand in an hour, further placing himself in a bad light while on leave due to his reckless disregard for orders entailing him to watch Holly while she dusted for prints. It appears as if Gil will have to fire Warrick for his misdeeds. Meanwhile, a fake suicide (prescription glasses dictate to Gil this was set up to look as so; he's further assisted by a "dummy drop" with tourists outside the hotel cheering on each drop of a forensic dummy by Nick from the roof!) is investigated as it pertains to a creep who won millions and dumped a girlfriend (carried along as a piece to bang as he tells her; yeah, nice guy this sleaze) after encouraged by her to use a twenty on a slot machine. An unfortunate guy who had spent so much time on that machine, winning nothing, and the dumped girlfriend are suspects. Red roof dirt, bloody carpet and towel, a square image embedded in skull from a statue, and carpet fibers in a watch all play a part in the answer of the whodunit. Also, the scumbag who murdered Holly doesn't realize that she damned him through a fingernails-scratch on the face, hidden pager, and use of a phone to give her a little time to decide how to combat him…the ultimate tragedy of being shot by her own gun does leave a bad taste in Catherine's mouth as she is adamant in working the Gribbs' shooting (because she encouraged Holly to stay a CSI for the night). This is Fox' introduction to the series and her quick earning of Catherine's favor indicates just how special to those on the team, and Grissom, she'd be. Warrick has a hard time ahead of him as the judge insists they are not done with gambled bets, but having Grissom as an ally and support does help. Highlights include Catherine "going method", talking seductively to Holly's killer to secure his residence and Grissom's mentioning of "following the evidence". Letting "the evidence speak for the victim" is now commonplace in forensics shows and reality crime television.

dedication

Author: pobdob from Canada
5 July 2006

This episode was dedicated to Owen Wolfe - who was he? Enjoyed the episode but once again a TV show puts a dedication on the end but they never tell you who the person is that they are dedicating the episode to. I have looked on the net but can't find Owen Wolfe anywhere. Does anyone know who this person is? Would appreciate it any information. Thank you. Now I'll just have to fill space because they want 10 lines So this will be my last, well apparently it's not all, I have to keep typing until it tells me I can post my question. They must get a lot of people just gabbing away on here - let's try now. So now I'll just type some things like we went to the beach today and the wind was pretty cold but the kids enjoyed it. Hopefully it will warm up tomorrow and especially on Saturday since we will be going to Toronto for the weekend. Maybe this will be enough - if nothing else it helps with the typing practice. so thank you for listening and hopefully someone will have an answer for me.