« Prev | 124 of 331 Episodes | Next »

Very Dramatic Opening, Then The Investigations

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
6 March 2007

This episode, the first of a two-part story, begins with a dramatic shootout in the streets, reminding me of the 1995 movie "Heat." They even use similar music in here. Hundreds of rounds are blasted in the opening minutes until someone is finally hit, a policeman, who is killed. Three of the four suspects are killed, too. Then, we get the normal investigation on the police, beginning with Captain James Brass.

Tensions are running high, to say the least, as the Hispanic community is outraged that this shooting took place and at least one innocent person, a high school boy, was shot. The father of that boy is on TV making charges and threats. "The police wouldn't have been shooting if this was The Strip," he notes. Meanwhile, the cops aren't happy, either, that no one seems to be caring about their dead rookie.

Most of the show is just what I mentioned above: investigations by police, examinations by CSI and the medical examiner, and an angry Hispanic community.

At the end of this first part, we see the fourth suspect, the only one still alive, captured.....and, predictably, shot as he is being led away.