« Prev | 124 of 335 Episodes | Next »

Very Dramatic Opening, Then The Investigations

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
6 March 2007

This episode, the first of a two-part story, begins with a dramatic shootout in the streets, reminding me of the 1995 movie "Heat." They even use similar music in here. Hundreds of rounds are blasted in the opening minutes until someone is finally hit, a policeman, who is killed. Three of the four suspects are killed, too. Then, we get the normal investigation on the police, beginning with Captain James Brass.

Tensions are running high, to say the least, as the Hispanic community is outraged that this shooting took place and at least one innocent person, a high school boy, was shot. The father of that boy is on TV making charges and threats. "The police wouldn't have been shooting if this was The Strip," he notes. Meanwhile, the cops aren't happy, either, that no one seems to be caring about their dead rookie.

Most of the show is just what I mentioned above: investigations by police, examinations by CSI and the medical examiner, and an angry Hispanic community.

At the end of this first part, we see the fourth suspect, the only one still alive, captured.....and, predictably, shot as he is being led away.

A tough episode to swallow. But necessary for humanity

Author: gpdjer-38644
5 August 2015

At first I did not realize this was going to be a 2 part episode until the first ended in a cliff hanger. This episode rounds out a tale rife with public outcry, ethnic hostilities, differing cultural perspectives, hard evidence, and even harder results. In this episode you find out the results of a lot of the items that are left hanging from the first half, along with some surprising new evidence that needs examination. You see the toll the incident has taken on the new(er) officer (Sofia )and how the road-tested and street-hardened veteran helps her to take her life by the hands instead of into her own hands, all the whole staring down their own barrels with IA. I felt the end of the investigation was somewhat predictable inside the lab but what happens outside the lab is nothing short of life saving. We all have paths in life, usually traveling down that which provides the least resistance or pain. One must be truly brave to walk another path, while having someone truly selfless to meet you there.