IMDb > "Becker" Pilot (1998) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

1 of 129 Episodes | Next »

The First Episode...

Author: Taylor Kingston from Australia
11 October 2015

I admit I was skeptical to watch this show. My Dad loves it, and said that I would also. So, reluctantly, I watched it. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it, and found myself laughing. Then about a week later, it had become my new favorite old show, and was watching two episodes a night. So, since I haven't watched the entire series yet, I can't say that this is one of the best episodes, but from what I've seen, it's one of my favorites.

In this episode, we meet Dr. John Becker, a surly, bitter man, who also turns out to be a great doctor. He has his own practice in New York, where he works with Margaret, a nurse, and Linda, a goofy assistant, who makes me laugh so much. He always goes down the street to a diner, to see Reggie, just one of the people who can't stand him, and Jake, his blind friend.

Best quote of the episode: "White trash is one natural resource this country will never run out of!" - Dr. John Becker.

Overall, I give this episode an 8 out of 10, which in my ratings book is: Awesome.