"The New Batman Adventures" Over the Edge (1998)

« Prev | 11 of 24 Episodes | Next »

"Perchance to Dream" meets "A Death in the Family"

Author: Ethan_Martin from United States
17 July 2016

Much like "Perchance to Dream", this is a great "What if" scenario. What if Barbara actually died? What if the Bat Family was broken up and on the run like this? Well thanks to Crane's fear gas, we get to see how it would play out. I'm sure people that don't like this series will say the ending is a cop-out, but again, look at "Perchance to Dream", don't say this episode is a cop-out, when the title of a similar episode in "Batman: The Animated Series" practically gives the twist away. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the darkest episode in the series. There are no funny moments, no comic relief, just mounting tension. Maybe the ending's a disappointment if you actually thought they would kill off Batgirl and have the gang break up 10 episodes into the series, but what kind of an ending would that be?

I don't like The New Batman Adventures and not Mad Love either! But this is the only episode that's fantastic!

Author: fredryden35-837-494986 from Stockholm, Sweden
12 June 2014

I really don't like The New Batman Adventures series and not Mad Love either, but with one exception this episode Over the Edge seems to be only approved and greatest episode than any other episodes in the series! During a crime in the city hall caused by Scarecrow, Batgirl chased after him, but he ambushes her by knock her off the roof and she falls to her death and when Commissioner Gordon discovered that Batgirl was his daugther Barbara and when Batman came to Gordon in sadness, when he's sees him so sad, he thinks Batman was behind it, but it was Scarecrow who did it. So the police starting to hunt down Batman and the others in the gang. Later Gordon uses Bane to destroy him. The story is fantastic, moving and exciting and it also give me emotions when I saw Batgirl die, but it was all a Dream, even if Batgirl's deepest fear brought to life by Scarecrow in the beginning. This has to be the best Batman episode ever made and of course the ending was also unpredictable and sweet. I guess this is the only episode that I like that also features Tim Drake as Robin, Batgirl and Nightwing, But still I prefer Tim Drake as Robin in the video game Arkham city and Barbara as Oracle in both Arkham Asylum and city. But like I said this is the only greatest and approved episode in The New Batman Adventures series than any other episodes and it's much better than Mad Love. Absolutely Worth to see!