"Batman: The Animated Series" His Silicon Soul (1992)

« Prev | 43 of 85 Episodes | Next »

Another gem in a show that often glittered!

Author: Reginald D. Garrard from Camilla, GA
9 August 2008

This sequel to the two-parter "Heart of Steel," presented earlier in the series' first season has an intriguing premise: a robot replacement for Batman becomes activated and seeks out the "imposter" that has taken over his life. Kevin Conroy has a field day as both the real Batman/Bruce Wayne and the robot facsimile.

William Sanderson returns as the voice of inventor Carl Rossem and his easily recognizable voice, formerly heard as one of the trio of brothers on "Newhart, is a welcome addition to the stellar line of performers that have lent credibility to the Emmy-winning show.

Like most installments in the show's history, the writers always did an outstanding job of crafting stories that appealed to all age groups, never condescending to children and written literate enough to appeal to an older audience.

How do you beat yourself?

Author: Ethan_Martin from United States
6 July 2016

It still stuns me how this show can be so philosophical at times. I keep having to remind myself that this is a cartoon form the early 90s, and that makes it more impressive. This is an absolute winner, through and through. The story, amazing. The conflict, amazing. The action, great. Again I ask, how did they do it? How did they cram all of this into 22 minutes? Elements from countless forms of sci-fi combine into one of the greatest episodes in the series. It's honestly hard for me to put into words why this episode is so great, all I can say is that if you haven't already, you need to see this for yourself. Once you see it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Dark, surprising, and challenging.