« Prev | 39 of 86 Episodes | Next »

Fantastically Entertaining With Super Visuals

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
30 June 2007

Wow, now I am starting to see why people rave about this animated Batman series. This is my second episode look and I was extremely impressed in only the first few minutes. (This is the second story on the DVD but it's listed as the 38th episode on the IMDb, so, I don't what the story is except to presume the DVD has all the shows in a different order.)

Whatever. The artwork is magnificent with great drawings utilizing light and shadows. The action scenes feature bold colors. This is simply great visuals, but most people are more interested how the stories are, and with The Joker blasting out of Arkham Asylum on top of a rocket-propelled huge Christmas tree, I guess that kind of tells you this episode had a fun story to tell.

The Joker's singing lyrics and dialog were not only humorous but so were some of the things he did - so many sight gags in here that there are too many to mention. I was just pleasantly surprised, after watching the first episode, to see so much humor in this one. Joker hosting his own fake TV program - with canned laughter - was hilarious! Well....he is called "The Joker," after all. I wish all the villains were as entertaining as this guy. Who can get mad a guy - even at Christmas - who sing "Jingle bells, Batman smells.....?"

This was my first look at "Robin," as he wasn't in the first episode ("On Leather Wings") on this First Season DVD package. He seems a lot more cheery and human-like than our morose hero, so he complements Batman's character nicely. It also confirms that the DVD has these episodes out of order, because I haven't seen Robin since this one.

This episode is so crammed full of great material I hope it doesn't spoil me for subsequent episodes. I mean, I can't see how they can be more entertaining than this one.