"Batman: The Animated Series" Cat Scratch Fever (1992)

« Prev | 34 of 88 Episodes | Next »

This Catwoman Is Pretty Tame

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
26 January 2008

This is one of the few episodes that has very little action and suspense.....but still holds your interest.

It's the second one in this DVD series to feature Selina Kyle, alias "Catwomen." I guess I don't know my Batman history because I always thought she was one of the many wild villains Batman always faces. Yet, so far in these two animated TV shows - particularly this episode - she is anything but another foe of Batman. They work together and, in fact, he (Bruce Wayne) has a crush on her, but she only has eyes for Batman, not Bruce.

Anyway, the episode is basically a save-the-animals story in which a familiar villain, "Roland Daggart," is using the city's stray dogs and cats to carry a toxin with the intent of terrorizing Gotham city. Selina, trying to find her missing cat, runs into Daggart's dastardly disciples and - with Batman's help - tries to stop them.

In all, not as intense an episode as normal. It's not boring, but it's a little too tame. It's as if this Catwoman has been de-clawed.