"Arrested Development" Spring Breakout (2005)

« Prev | 39 of 85 Episodes | Next »

Spring break, whoo!

Author: gizmomogwai from Canada
23 July 2009

Missing Kitty's season 2 equivalent is Spring Breakout, which once again covers spring break in the OC with Kitty as the Bluths' antagonist. Like Missing Kitty, Spring Breakout captures the fun feel of spring break with some party scenes and an easygoing song over the end credits. However, the episode also gives the Bluths lots of challenges. The show is about watching the Bluths suffer, and here they get a couple major setbacks as evidence that might exonerate George on the treason charges is lost and Kitty gets ahold of George's reproductive material, giving her a chance at having a Bluth baby. Not much comes out of it, though- she's pacified in the next episode, Righteous Brothers, and disappears soon after.

This episode addresses Lucille's drinking problem, giving us an opportunity to see Lucille's chicken impression, probably my favourite of the series, maybe just because it's so out of place at a business meeting. When Lucille's put in rehab, we see her character is ridiculously cruel sober, too. Until you watch the deleted scenes and find out she sneaked alcohol into rehab and wasn't sober after all. Nevertheless, the fact that she wants to spend spring break with Michael shows her soft side. George Michael and Maeby are also highlights of the episode, with the old incest jokes returning in this episode, hinted at when George Michael says you can't "touch your cousin" and then near the end when we get a sweet scene between them; we can feel George Michael's feelings for her. Other characters also provide some laughs, including GOB with inept magic and insults regarding Lindsay's chest. Good thing they didn't go after the idiot demographic.